• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Luggerbugs V RBS ***SORTED, SETTLED & WON***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggerbugs V RBS ***SORTED, SETTLED & WON***

RBS = Robbing Bunch of Scoundrels? No? Well, it can't be far off the mark.

I'll be spending today totting up my charges to go back and have another go at them. The eejts have been taking £3 a month off me for an overdraft loanguard payment. Now, 1. I'm not allowed to have an overdraft, and 2. I already complained about this months ago.

So in blissful ignorance, money we thought was in, wasn't. And we went a few pence overdrawn. Which incurred a charge,. So a DD bounced because of a charge. Incurring another charge. Which meant a bounced cheque. Another charge. WHich has put us back to not having enough money to cover next months bills. Again.

So feckem. I'll chase them for charges again, and close my account once it's done. In fact, I might as well just get my pay put into the parachute account I opened at the beginning of the year, and let their charges build up. I've feckin had enough of them. :devil:
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

don't you just love it when the banks start to snowball you!!
    the swines did the same thing to me lugger! in december last year, I had cleared the small overdraft I'd had..... asked if there were charges to come out...and was told just interest!. They did'nt bother telling me they were going to take £60 paid referral fee for the month before...so of course i end up going over my overdraft limit!.... and here we go again!
    by Aprill this year they were taking more in charges then i had coming into the account.......I've now got a loan....to clear off the blummin debt THEY created ffs.

Comment

The sooner the OFT get their finger out and tell them to stop being stupid, the better. My other account doesn't have a debit card unfortunately, but all I'll do is put what I need to live on for the month onto my credit card, and use that. It'll help keep my credit rating good with the new bank, having all my cash go through the account, and will keep the credit card folks happy too.
      My Blog

Comment

Re: Luggerbugs V RBS

OK, time to revive my thread. While I was away, they decided to try to take stuff out of te wrong account, bounced mortgage payments, charges left right and centre as a result.

SO on payday, I took the lot out and put it in my parachute account. Of course, that menat they banked several hundred quid's worth of charges on, which mans I'm seriously overdrawn. Which they want back. Now. Like I'm going to pay them any unlawful penalties.

So they intend to default me, then sell the debt on. (Of course they will.. can't be doing anything silly like taking me to court, can they?) SO I'll play it by ear and see what happens. Maybe I'll get to take Cabot to court if they buy the debt? ANd get them to prove the debt is lawful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Whoever ends up with it, they'll wish they hadn't.
        My Blog

Comment

OOOOOO you are evil lugger!

Comment

Not evil, just... well, OK. Evil it is. :devil:
            My Blog

Comment

hahaha I like it. god help them is all I can say really

Comment

Tell 'em you'll look at the issue after the test case.......whenever that might be :roll:

Comment

LOl love it jan ..... good idea

Comment

I did suggest we both put it on hold until then. But no go. So if it gets sold, and the new owner wants to take me to court, then fine. I did say that THIS could end up being the real test case.

Well, so far, no default notice. But I did get an email from Edinburgh saying my branch got my complaint, and it's been passed for processing. I have a feeling they'll want to have a rethink here.
                    My Blog

Comment

It's been a while, but I finally have a result.

RBS set their pet dogs on me. Anderson Strathearn solicitors. Who wanted me to pay up all the charges that RBS added to my account since I decided I didn't want them to bank with me any longer.

So, I sent a sh!ttygram back, telling them this has been in dispute for months, etc, etc. And no way was I going to be paying a penny.

Also reminded them that I'd kept correspondence from day one, and it did not paint RBS in a good light. But I'd be happy to see everyone in court and get this out in the open for everyone to see.

AS reverted to their masters. Who wrote to tell me they were writing the lot off. WOOHOO!!! It's taken a while. But. I WON!!!!
                      My Blog

Comment

Nice one, but you took your time.

Comment

I know CB. But for obvious reasons, my hands were tied. I had no option but to wait until they tried to seize the initiative. At which point, they were well and truly stuffed.
                          My Blog

Comment

Well done Luggerbugs

Comment

Yer a pretty canny scot, no two ways about it lol
                              Well done and nice to see you on here again Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X