• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Must I grant builders access to my property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must I grant builders access to my property

My neighbours have - despite my objections - been given planning permission for an extension to their property. Published plans show new build extending right up to boundary line of my property. One reason for my objection was the possibility/probability of damage to my property - eg during the excavation of foundations and subsequent building process. Am I legally entitled to prohibit their builders from accessing my property (land) and/or erecting scaffolding thereon.

Re: Must I grant builders access to my property

Have you objected purely on the grounds that you think they might damage your property? Apart from the digging of the foundations, why do you think that this might happen?

Comment

I have posted similar answers to what you are looking for on another thread.

I will find the link for you, will probably be tomorrow now though

PKea

Comment

Here you go have a read through this thread

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11942

It is from another perspective but the relevant links and laws are quoted

PKea

Comment

Have you spoken to your neighbour about your worries for your property, specifically the drainage?

Have they got building regs approval yet? Drainage is usually one of the elements covered in the buildings regs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X