• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fos

Just a quickie. I have a friend who has three seperate accounts with the same bank. Two of the accounts have over a thousand pounds each in charges and the other account a few hundred. If she was to persue her claim via the FOS, would she include the three accounts on the complaint form - or would it be one complaint form for each seperate account.

depending on the bank she could possibly go through normal process and win without court action
    Last edited by Amethyst; 18th August 2007, 17:18:PM.

Comment

It's the HBOS, Nattie and they have already said NO.
      Last edited by Amethyst; 18th August 2007, 17:20:PM.

Comment

In that case either sue or FOS but they can take about as much time as suing the bank. I hope others have a view

Comment

Thanks, Nattie. But I think she will be using the FOS. Would she include all three accounts on the complaint form or one form for each account?

Comment

She'd be much better off making a claim herself. Why does she want to use the FOS?

Comment

I see no reason as the value of the claims, in total are less than £5000, why they should not all be submitted as one claim.

As Amy stated why use the FOS? She will most probably get a quicker result claiming with the help of this site.

It is her call in the end though.

Comment

She is claiming in Scotland. The smaller claim would be ok as it's under £750 (small claim). But the other two accounts are over £1000 (summary cause). She thought it might drag on a bit going through the court. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

I think it make the difference if she is claiming in Scotland.

A complaint to FOS is against the bank, rather than the issue so I would guess she lumps them altogether and puts it in as one complaint against HBOS.

From what I have read regarding FOS complaints, they simply write to the bank and the bank responds with an offer, no interest can be claimed and it takes about 6 months as they are quite busy at the moment

I also read a while ago that they had stopped multiple claims against one bank in Scotland, don't know if this is still the case but if it is, it precludes the legal route anyway.

Wish her luck and keep us informed, it would be good to know the FOS process and results xx

Comment

Thank you for all the advice. I will let her know and I will report back on any developments.

Comment

Hello,

You are probably aware that you can persue it through the fos and if not successful go via the court, but it will be a lengthy process. You can't do it the other way.

Comment

Re: Fos

Hello, I am new here sorry so if this is a stupid question. But is this the right place for threads about the FOS ?

After all the FOS is not actually a regulatory body is it ?

Comment

Re: Fos

Nahh but only so many categories for forum areas I can think of But yes if you have a FOS issue this forum is the best place to post about it.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Legal Beagles
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X