• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest Credit Card

Sent in a request for statements from Natwest, when received there were just 2 charges of £18 from Sept & Oct 2002, I straight away sent a letter asking for this to be refunded, using Martins Money Saving Experts Calculator this came to £53.58. I received a letter from NW offering £12 which I refused. I then received another letter from NW saying there was in fact only one charge of £18 (I had sent a SAR and had received a copy of my credit card statements which showed 2 charges of £18) I pointed this out to NW. I have today received a letter from them offering £38.88 (which includes 8% interest) The interest from Sept & Oct 2002 totals £17.58 and they are offering me £2.88 what are they playing at?

Re: Natwest Credit Card

Might be worth asking them how they worked out that amount?

Comment

All they have done is add 8% to the charges not dating back to Sept & Oct 2002.

Comment

But worth asking them why they didn't go back to september and October 2002

Comment

Point taken, will do that, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby15 View Post
            Sent in a request for statements from Natwest, when received there were just 2 charges of £18 from Sept & Oct 2002, I straight away sent a letter asking for this to be refunded, using Martins Money Saving Experts Calculator this came to £53.58. I received a letter from NW offering £12 which I refused. I then received another letter from NW saying there was in fact only one charge of £18 (I had sent a SAR and had received a copy of my credit card statements which showed 2 charges of £18) I pointed this out to NW. I have today received a letter from them offering £38.88 (which includes 8% interest) The interest from Sept & Oct 2002 totals £17.58 and they are offering me £2.88 what are they playing at?
            UPDATE:
            Sent a letter to NW telling them we wanted the full amount claimed. Today we have received a letter from them saying " Having reviewed your case no late payment fees have been appled to your account, therefore no refunds will be forthcoming" (enclosed with the letter was a copy of statements showing no charges - I now have several showing 2 charges, one showing 1 charge and now one showing nil charges!!!) What do I do now?

Comment

Ignore Yourbank on CAG and answer the question on here ruby15
              I remember the question I asked you
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              I think I mentioned Statute of Limitations on there and didn't ask a question on there
              Last edited by natweststaffmember; 11th December 2008, 20:04:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi, which letter is yourbank refering to, if its the letter from NW that we recvd today its dated 9/12/08, if they mean the letter before that was dated 27/11/08. I dont understand what yourbank is getting at?

Comment

I meant the one referring to the no charges bit
                  (other username I use on CAG is Yourbank)

Comment

Ah I see!! The letter I received today saying there are no charges is dated the 9/12/08. What do you suggest I do?:santa_wink:

Comment

BUMP

Comment

I would be inclined to send them a lettter saying that you have statements which clearly show charges being applied to your account, and enclose photocopies of the statements for their reference. Say that you want these charges totalling £xxx refunded in full. Remind them that the statute of limitations won't apply because you started this claim in (whenever it was) before the six years was up.
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Ok will do, thanks once again Wendyb!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X