• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ge money/store card to credit card issues including changing account number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ge money/store card to credit card issues including changing account number

GE money changed my store card to a credit card and also changed the account number. They also moved the ppi to this card without asking. As the ppi was for the store card limit was £750 , should GE money not have given me the opportunity to say if I wanted the ppi on the credit card? Anyone had this experience and any results?

Re: ge money/store card to credit card issues including changing account number

A warm welcome to Beagles, thebern. PPI should always be optional. When was the store card taken out? I believe GE Capital have already been fined over PPI misselling already.

Comment

Hi great to be here. Store card was taken out 1999 and I was told to take out the ppi as the card would not be given unless it was taken out.

Comment

Hi Thebern,

That would probably qualify as misselling !

Am sure someone will be able to better advise you regarding the ppi aspects.
        I will do some research myself to bring my knoweldged up to date.

What are your intentions, to reclaim the ppi charges on both the storecard and the credit card ?

Do you have any default charges as well that you wish to claim back as well?

Is the credit card still running, have you ever utlisied the payment protection facility in the past?

Regards Budgie

Comment

I am presuming that your original store card are being replaced under one banner so to speak.

Your store card will operate like a credit card so all they will have done is changed the name.

ie they may operate store cards for dozens of different stores and have decided to bring them all into the same name.

You need to check that all your t&Cs are the same, credit limit, interest rates.
          If all this is the same, they have just done a name change basically, bit like Access becoming Mastercard.

Can you confirm what store card you have and what they have changed it to

PKea

Comment

This is an old story on it, but this is what seems to have happene3d

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Moneybox | Store cards may become credit cards

The UK's biggest store card operator is considering converting them into full-blown credit cards, the BBC has discovered.
            In late September 2003, GE Capital began a pilot scheme, sending upgraded store cards with a credit card facility to a selected group of Debenhams' two million card holders.

Comment

The orignal card was issued by Debenhams and now changed to Mastercard credit card.

I have never claimed on the insurance and was never given the chance to either refuse or decline the ppi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X