• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crack House Closure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crack House Closure

I am exhausted!!

Just got back from court.
    Their solicitor was held up so we didn't start until around 12.
    We had letter's to show lies and witness satements to lies being told.

Earlier in the week, amoung other papers, the HA gave my daughter a statement written by the neighbour about the £3000 of heroin. Names had been blacked out naturally. This is a quote from it.
    "Kya's sister told Ann when the police searched her flat they thrown it out of the back window. Later when the police left Kya and Ricky went in to the back garden to find it street value of £3000 uncut pure heroin."

They left Ann's name in it!!!!
    Ann totally denied any of this, was really angry and has written a statement denying it all.
    My other daughter is furious as she has not said any of this either. And made a statement saying this.
    I would also like to say that it wasn't true! She has never used heroin. Why the neighbour said such a large quantity, making it totally unbelievable I don't know.
    And I find the phrase 'uncut pure heroin' quite strange. Where on earth would anyone get that?

Anyway, their solicitor said that if my daughter agreed to the injunction, they would agree to it not starting until 15/10/07, but if she did fight it they would ask for it to have emmediate effect and a larger area.

So, in light of all the decisions so far going against her she agreed.
    This way she has plenty of time to move out to the new place.
    Then on the 15th she can appeal the injunction and make it clear why she agreed in the first place.
    No court costs given to her either.

Although the statements weren't used, the HA woman asked for copies of them, so hopefully there will be some come back to the neighbour.

Now we have the appeal to the closure, which is kind of pointless as it's gone, but it would be good to get it removed from her name. Also, the coucil did not pay the rent while she was not there as they needed to pay the hostel. The HA want the 2 months rent from my daughter. If we can prove the closure was wrongly given then maybe she won't be liable for the rent.

sally x
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

SHE WON!!!!!

At last all that is over!!!

The police prosecution said that according to the legislation set out, appeals against closure hearings have to be heard within 21 days of the date the closure was made.
      But our defence said that the actual wording is that the appeal must be put in within 21 days and seen as a priority by the crown court. Also one of the reasons for the hold up was that no-one seemed to know where the community cop had gone, as he has moved.

Anyway, because this is the first closure appeal heard in Bournemouth and there have been very few in the country, a president has been set.

Then the prosecution basically said that they don't really care what the outcome is as the closure served it's purpose. They have no interest in it remaining on my daughter's record as a black mark and were happy to not put in any defence.
      Added to that, the police said they would write a letter saying that the action made against my daughter had made no real difference to the area. The police are still called out regularly to the close, although in no connection with her at all. This sounds like an apology of sorts!!
      So now she can move on at last.

Thank you all for your replies, PM's, emails and offers of help. You have been so kind to us both.
      It has been a relief to write it all down.

I hope someone will gain something from all this if they find themselves in this awful position.

BIG HUGS TO ALL,
      Sally xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

So pleased all has gone ok, I will admit I didn't understand half what was going on, only that things weren't good.
        So well done Sal and good luck to your daughter Enaid xx

Comment

Oh Sally that is brilliant news hun, congratulations to you all. xxxxxxxxxx

sapphire

Comment

:fireworks:

Well done sal, really pleased for you and your daughter, onwards and upwards xxx

Comment

Excellent news sally..........:fireworks::carrot:

Comment

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:
                Wow congratulations Sal, what a brill mum you have been
                See what you can do with a little knowledge?

Sorry i missed your call hun, ive just heard your voicemail (been away in watford all week didnt have phone, hubby's mum died on friday) i'm so pleased for you both
                No thanks necessary love, i didnt do anything!

Speak soon i hope

Love to you both
                D x

p.s has she moved yet Sal?
                Last edited by biscuits; 8th November 2007, 08:47:AM. Reason: p.s

Comment

Getting keys on the 12th, so moving in some things then, but as my partner has a massive van, we won't move her main things until the weekend after (he needs it for work in the week, it's full of work junk).
                  Because of the injunction she will not be able to stay there nor help move her things after Monday.
                  HA not amused as they wanted the keys on Monday but **** 'em I say!! Nothing they can do.

Can't wait to have my life back!

BTW the letter the police have said they will give her - I was surprised that they would offer to do this. It turns out that my daughter's social worker looked into complaints etc for that area and found out there was not much difference so insisted that they wrote a letter confirming it.
                  Thought it was strange they offered!!

Speak soon,
                  Sally xxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X