• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crack House Closure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack House Closure

My eldest daughter has a serious, urgent situation and if anyone with any knowledge about this type of thing could help, please do.

The back ground is that she lived out of town for three years with her new baby, so hardly saw her friends.
    The housing association then gave her a two bed flat in a street with another block of flats and houses all owned by them. About 20 addresses.

At first she was pretty selfish, a few parties, people round, noise etc (she was 20 and not had a chance to have people round for 3 years) Complaints were made to the association.
    She then met her partner and settled down.
    But the complaints still came.
    This went on for a while.
    I actually sneakily spied on her to see if she was being honest! She was.
    A complaint was even made that I threatened someone - I didn't, I walked past this person, didn't even look at them!
    She was offered mediation, accepted but the other person refused.

Finally someone came to my daughter and told her that she had been witness to a false complaint being made. She put it in writing to the association.
    The complaints stopped for a while.

Then she started being raided by the police looking for drugs.
    3 times! Nothing found.

Her relationship became volitile and her partner arrested for domestic violence. But she loves him, he was sorry, so she had him back.

Six weeks ago her partner (Will) died. An accidental overdose of heroin at his parents house.
    He had only just started using it, playing around. Never at my daughters place. She hoped he would grow out of it.

Since then she has had loads of visitors, mainly people from the close. A lot of them are aged around 17ish (children of the neighbours). It was obvious to me they were using her grief and vulnerability for somewhere to go, but she insisted they weren't.

They were!

The police raided her flat again, four weeks after her partner died. They found heroin.
    It must have been Wills, she was shocked it was there (and angry)

My daughter is no angel, she does smoke dope and uses cocaine occasionally. After Will died she used more frequently and drank quite a bit.

Anyway, because of finding a class A drug (about 1 gram) and various complaints the police have applied for a "crack House closure.
    Luckily she managed to get it adjourned until Thursday.

The problem is that there has to be more than classA drugs to get this closure and the most of the things they have are not true!

The police have said there have been needles found in the close (first anyone knew of this was from the report) and I don't believe it. None of the people who go to my daughters or her use needles.
    The report says her friends have broken the fence between the close and a pub backing on to it - but it's the young children kicking a ball against it.
    The report has quite a few instances of police being called about noise, but when they arrived there was none.
    Police called because my daughter had a kind of party for Wills birthday and there might be trouble, there wasn't.
    Neighbours seeing my daughter dragging a 14 year old boy up the street, verbally abusing him (he is 18, had gone to her's very drunk to see if his friend was there, he wasn't, so then became aggressive and threw the drink he had over my daughter, so she did drag him up the street and left him there.
    A known prostitute visits - her sister.

One of the neighbours got in to a fight with his friend. This is down as a complaint against my daughter as he is also frinends with her.

The woman opposite complaine she can hear music from my daughters but no complaints about the loud music being played by a closer neighbour. Incidently the woman in the house next to her can't hear my daughters music but does not want to get involved incase of repercussions! She came to me when I was visiting my daughter to say she is sorry, but she "licks arse or the victimisation" will happen to her

The people complaining say they are too scared of my daughter to put their names on the complaints (we know from what is written who they are, one is the person who lied before, another her 35+ son who lives with her, her daughter who lives in a house opposite, and an unknown 4th person)

The community police man just happened to be going round to all the individual addresses to see how things were (nice of him) he never came to my daughters. He has never followed up anything about the teengers the shooting a BB gun at the smaller children, never followed up unlicenced moped drivers living there nor the fence damaged by footballs etc, only complaints by these four people (three of them connected to each other)
    He never came to see my daughter to say there have been any complaints.

When I went round there the other day, my daughter came out to see me, as soon as she did someone visiting a neighbour started shouting "crack dealer" "slut" etc. When my daughter walked over to her (not one to walk away) and shouted "I am not a crack dealer" the woman hit her! Then grabbed her hair, they had a fight. I phoned the police.
    When the police came they said that it's her word against the other woman and as my daughter approached her, the court could see it as the other woman acting in self defence.

I am not a mother in denial, she is not an angel, but there are lies and exaggeration being told.
    My daughter has got three letters from other neighbours to say all the complaints are rubbish, she does not make loads of noise and they know nothing about her, drugs or needles being found.

She needs to prove she does not deserve the closure.
    The usual thing of innocent til proven guilty does not count in civil law.
    We have a solicitor, who says while things look quite good for her, most, if not all closures go ahead, so he is not hopeful.

And during all this she is grieving her partner and does not want to fight it.
    The problem is she has her 7 year old to think about and no-where else to live.
    The social services have been involved but have no concerns at all.

Sorry this is so long.
    Any help gratefully recieved,

Sally x
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Thanks for support PM's xx

A couple of other things.
    The report says Will is seen to go to a flash car, with tinted windows, talk a while, exchange packages and go back to the flat. The local children all call the driver "the drug dealer". In fact the guy is a friend of Wills, that my daughter did not like, so Will would see him downstairs.

A complaint was made about the amount of visitors going to my daughters, within a week of Wills death! The complaint was not about noise. Every one knew what had happened.

Sally x

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Bumping as there seems a few more people around now

Sally x

Comment

Wow Sally, you really are going through the ringer. I have nothing but my support to offer you. I dont know if I am allowed ot post this but if im not please remove the link.

LandlordZONE Forums - Residential Letting Questions

These guys specialize in lettings, council and private. Try them they may be able to help.
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Well the solicitor has said he is very hopeful.
          He said that if the closure still goes ahead, it would've no matter what the defense.

Also found out that she can appeal if need be, although that would be at crown court.

Thanks for the help,
          Sally x

Comment

My daughter spoke to the community policeman, to ask when and where the needles were found.
            He told her the police did not find them, they were informed that needles were found and disposed of by a resident!
            The police didn't even see them!!

Another bit of evidence that is "hearsay".

Sally,x

Comment

Very naughty, needles are hazardous waste and should be disposed of as such, even if you take the police advice and put them in a jam jar, you should still phone the council to collect them.

Comment

Wonder where the resident "disposed" of them. I would accuse the resident of lying, without specific proof to the contrary, as to me, with the previous history, it sounds like rubbish.

I hope everything turns out ok for you Sally.

Comment

Hi sally,
                  Just to say good luck for tomorrow, i will be thinking of you.
                  Take care
                  claire x

Comment

It's been adjourned until next Wednesday.

We were there all day!
                    All of the prosecution is in.
                    The community policeman was ripped to shreds. He admitted that he had never been to see my daughter about any complaints, never seen any paraphernalia or signs of drug taking/dealing inspite of going to the close several times a week.
                    He also admitted he had never read the report of the drug bust (he was not present at that) only spoken to the officers involved so when he wrote "heroin was found amongst a childs toys" he was adding his own words - it was actually in the cardboard base of a "Me to You" ornamental teddy on a high shelf in my daughters room.
                    He didn't know the local pub backs straight on to the close - she was blamed for damage to the adjoining fence.
                    He hasn't checked if the crime rate has gone up in the area recently.
                    He shrugged his shoulders a lot and said "I don't know"
                    Plus more.

The person from the housing assosiation who was called for the prosecution actually sounded like she was for the defence, saying until recently there have been no complaints about her for over a year.

I wasn't in there as I have to give evidence, but my daughter was pleased with how it's going.

The was another statement from one of the same people, saying when the closure notice went up my daughter went to a house on the close (one of my daughters friends), was there for about 15 mins then returned with her friend, read the notice aloud and declared "I'll show them! I will get a solicitor and fight this!"
                    I fail to see the point of this statement. There is no threat etc but does show this informant to be watching her every move.

Again, thank you for your support, it is really appreciated,

Sally x

Comment

Been thinking about you today sal, glad it seems to be going well, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you xx

Comment

It may sound silly, but my eyes well up with each lovely, supportive post and PM.

Thank you so much. It means a great deal,

sally xxxx

Comment

Because the police insist on ramming my daughters door open, even though she rarely locks it, her door can only be locked with a padlock on the outside. They never knock or try the handle!

She and my grand daughter were in their beds the other night, when she heard her door open. It was 4am.
                          She got up to find four male police men in her flat!
                          They asked her if she had been in, said they were investigating an incident, then left!

She was half asleep so didn't ask for names and numbers, but has rung the station to ask about it but the police concerned are not on duty.
                          She did ask why they didn't knock, they said because the door wasn't locked.
                          I find this very strange.

Are they allowed to do this?

Sally x

Comment

No sally the most certainly are not...
                            No warrant....No entry....
                            If she knows the officers she can call the complaints dept at the area HQ...
                            Inform them that these officers entered and were caught creeping around in her flat at 4am and that there are concerns as to what their intentions were with a small child in the flat!
                            Make sure you talk to the person in charge of the complaints or a female officer in the dept....May get more help form an officer with children too.....
                            If they do not help, contact the head of local police and offer to go to the press if they do not investigate this immediately!!
                            I am disgusted by this treatment your daughter is getting....
                            My thoughts are with you and your family sally...
                            I hope you are all well and things get better soon...
                            Russ

Comment

Do they need a warrant if the door is unlocked?

Bournemouth police seem to be a law unto themselves!
                              I realise she has brought a lot of this on her self but still ...........

Sally x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X