• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confirmation re SSA 1984 and Bank Charges from MP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation re SSA 1984 and Bank Charges from MP

Thanks to LavenderRose for obtaining this response from Rt hon Micheal Jack

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Confirmation re SSA 1984 and Bank Charges from MP

Thanks Lavender Rose. I think it seems to confirm what has in the recent history of the bank charges campaign has known about. For example, on the Prime Ministers website in response to a petition about the same issue the response given was below.

"The purpose of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 Section 187 and section 45 of the Tax Credits Act 2002 is to prevent people’s benefit money being at risk by it being assigned over to a third party in settlement of a debt. It is not intended to prohibit the application of bank charges. Bank charges are in the nature of an expense, and are incurred by the holder of the account; tax credits and benefits are payable in order to help customers meet their expenses, and as such it is legitimate for banks to deduct charges from the balance of an account held in that bank, whether the money paid into the account comes from tax credits, benefits or other sources, such as earnings."

I will post the source if you want it but it was removed from another site when I did so I won't for now.

Comment

Re: Confirmation re SSA 1984 and Bank Charges from MP

The last sentence of the letter is a bit of a joke and shows how out of touch MP's really are with what happens on the ground.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X