• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pensions

Hello everyone i am new to this forum and looking for advice here is my problem
    My wife and i are seperated since last august, her solicitor has requested information regarding my pensions as my soon to be ex is entitled to some of my pension. i have a state pension one from a company called dela rue who i worked for 8 years whilst we were married and my present one Ministry of defence of which she is entitled to 5 years i have spoken to my pension people and gota free transfer value but they have told me that if i want it set up to pay my ex wife it will cost £150 for paper work to be done i informed my ex wife that she would have to pay it, why should i if she wants some of my pension then she can pay for the paper work. her solicitor has since informed me that i will have to pay most of it depends on what percentage she get awarded so if the court award her 10% of my pension then she would only have to pay 10% of the paper costs is this correct as i find this hard to believe and i cant afford it, i cant afford a solocitor either so any advice would be much apreciated thank you

Sorry if I'm being thick here, but is there some reason you can't get all the pension yourself, then pay your ex her percentage by SO or cheque? If it were a salary it wouldn't be paid directly to her?

Comment

I would get her to pay it, but don't forget, if she remarries, she looses her entitlement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X