• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threats from nastywide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threats from nastywide

Please somebody help me
    I have just got off the phone with n/wide, they have paid my charges and court costs into account which is still open, with a debt collection agency i specifically asked for court costs and data protection money to be returned to me by cheque which they havent done. the woman i spoke to this am basically said i wont get cheque, money has gone to pay debt, they wont remove default on my credit file and there is a difference between what nationwide paid and what interest calculator say i am owed only about £20. so i told her that i would carry on with the court process so she said go ahead, iam a worried now
    What should i do please advise anybody as i have to return defence form back to the court by 03/08/2007

Last edited by shellfishb5; 20th July 2007, 12:32:PM.

Did you have removal of the Default stipulated on your Particulars of Claim?

If the returned money has been paid into an account to repay a debt, then I would say that is a good thing. It's a debt you don't have to worry about now.

Basically, for £20 it is not worth continuing your claim and you should really have used a spreadsheet and not the interest calculator from MSE. So I wouldn't mind betting that you have actually received more money using it than you would have had you used the spreadsheet.

If they have complied with your POC's in all but the form of payment, I would say you should leave it and write to the court to say the claim is settled.

Do you know for sure that the Debt Collector actually owns the debt? You should perhaps send the CCA 1974 letter to check.

Comment

Hello Shellfish,

Am I right in reading that they have taken your Bank Charges, SAR fee and court costs and paid it back to themselves.

Was this an overdraft facility or a loan. Did you send a CCA request and get a credit agreement from them?? Did you agree to do have the penality charges paid into the account? or was that their decision.

The court cost and the sar fee, was money that they have taken without your permission, so the words theft and fraud spring to mind.

Have you reported them to any authorities, such as OFT or FOS.

Personally I would not let them away with this cheeky bleeders

They do like to think that they can control everything

Comment

Amy
        Yes i did speculate that i wanted default removed on the POC.
        I didnt put on the POC about court costs and sar fee repaid to me but had spoken to n/wide with regards this and they told me it was ok.

Comment

Hellhasnofury
          thanks for your post
          i was happy for charges and interest to be paid back into acct
          I had asked n/wide to return sar and court costs to be returned to me by cheque but not it on the POC.
          I cant use OFT because i have taken court action
          should i continue with court process, n/wide has told me to carry on because i will lose

Comment

Is the default on your credit file specifically as a result of these charges?

Comment

Amy
              this acct was sent to debt collectors and i agreed to pay off so much each month to clear debt. It wasnt untill recently last summer when i got a credit report did i notice that nationwide had put put a default notice on my credit file.

Comment

Yes, I understand that, but if the default is not a direct result of the charges they applied to your account (for instance if you did not pay) then they won't remove it.

Comment

Amy
                  I did not know about the default until i got a copy of my credit report, my ex wife and i got into financial problems, so we stopped using acct and it went to debt collection agency and i agreed payment with them which i am still paying 2day.
                  I have spoken to N/wide collections dept 2day and they have agreed to pay back my court costs and sar i just have to fax them a copy of receipt of court costs and details of the cheque i sent for sar.

Comment

shell

How does the amount of charges add up by the date the default was filed?

If the charges applied EXCEED the amount that the default was filed for (on that date), then you have a case for seeking removal of the default too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                      shell

How does the amount of charges add up by the date the default was filed?

If the charges applied EXCEED the amount that the default was filed for (on that date), then you have a case for seeking removal of the default too.
                      Wow my thoughts exactly

Comment

I remember that exact wording stated which i believe legally a case can be argued. That means if you are defaulted for say £300.00 and the charges come to £400 then the default removal can be argued. However if the amount is £400 and the charges are £300 then you would be unable to get the default removed.

Comment

yes Nattie

Shell - you need to check your credit file, which should tell you the date the default was registered and the precise amount at the time.
                          Then its a question of whether the penalty charges before that date exceed the default figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                            yes Nattie

Shell - you need to check your credit file, which should tell you the date the default was registered and the precise amount at the time.
                            Then its a question of whether the penalty charges before that date exceed the default figure.
                            Hello Shell,

Did you received a default notice letter from them It is a legal requirement

Comment

thanks everyone for your input

hellhasnofury i dont recall getting a default notice as i said i didnt know about the default until i got a credit report last july.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X