• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'I paid next door's water bill for 16 years'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I paid next door's water bill for 16 years'

Woman pays next door's water bill for 16 years. But it has a happy ending - Yorkshire Water has offered her £150 in compensation.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/consume...ge_id=510&ct=5

Re: 'I paid next door's water bill for 16 years'

Well you know they are tight buggers, these Yorkshire lot!

Comment

A long time ago I rented a flat in Clapham where the landlord told me that gas supply was hooked up to the flat below and to keep quite about it. I did feel a bit guilty at first but it wasn't too long before I discovered the bloke downstairs was a complete ****hole and kept me and my girlfriend up to the early hours most nights with ridiculously loud music, despite trying to reason with him.

We always made sure the heating was on max when we went to work or went on holiday.

Comment

Were Yorkshire water billing the neighbour as well for the same readings ?

Shouldn't they charge her the water rates rather than metered useage back over the last 16 years and refund any difference ? plus a fair whack of compensation, it is a pain conserving water when you are on a meter, I used to do it when I had my first house up till youngest was 2 and yep sharing baths, not flushing and not using the washing machine much (no change there) was just the way of life. We had a brick in the cistern too (none of this dual flush nonsense lol). If I'd done all that then found out I hadn't actually needed to then I'd want some compensation too.

I don't have a meter now and until they are compulsory I won't have one.

£150 is measley and ridiculous - but as always there probably more to it than the papers say.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X