• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Increasing CCJ ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing CCJ ?

Hi there,

I am hoping you can help me with this query.
    I have a CCj for £7886.33
    When I received it it said " I must pay the claimant £7581.33 for debt( and interest to date of judgement and £345 for costs.

I must pay the claiment a TOTAL of £7886.33

by installments of £100 a month.

I have since paid 9 instalments ie £900 but my debt has only reduced by £400 as the claiment has after the judgement added interest of over £700.

Can this be added after the court has said I must pay a total of £7886.33.

The claiment now says the opening balance was in excess of £8500!!

Re: Increasing CCJ ?

After Judgement, claimants often apply ex parte for interest to continue to accrue.
    This is something the debtor only usually discovers at a later date.
    Last edited by CYNthesys; 27th October 2008, 11:16:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Ok thanks for you're quick reply......................looks like I will never pay this off then :cry:

Comment

You can ask the court for the papers regarding the interest continuing and you can ask for the installment to be redetermined and interest frozen on it. This will cost you I think £65 for a redetermination hearing. On the installment order from the court there will be a little sentence (bottom left i think) about additional interest may continue to be charged - its all to do with the original contract you signed which will have a term in it that interest will be accrued after any judgement etc.

Regarding the 'opening balance' have you asked the claimants for a full statement of the account?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It all really depends on the exact wording of the judgement.
          As Ame mention information is King and will help immensely.

Comment

This raises a small question for me regarding my case with Nemo, I requested the interest be frozen when I sent off my defense, the judgement from the court stated my offer was accepted. Does this mean they have also accepted my request to freeze interest?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X