• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Raver vs Yorkshire Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raver vs Yorkshire Bank

hi raver here,
    just to let you know that today (thursday 20th november 2008) i have received a interim offer from yb of £810 which would help us with our current
    position but would value your views. also would we have to pay this back if oft lost the court case. yb have stated that this is not a final offer and that we could claim the differance between this offer and what we would have been entittled to had we not accepted this offer.
    i await your views - raver.

Comment

Does the £810 equate to your arrears or something specific which is contributing to your hardship. Sometimes the banks will offer an amount to get you out of the immediate problem, so if this is the case and it would do that then you can accept it in the interim and keep trying for the rest. Accepting this now won't affect the future of your claim.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you amethyst for your reply.
        with this amount i could bring depts i am trying to pay off up to date in some cases stopping dept collection agencies taking legal action against me. it would not pay off my depts totally but would solve my immediate problem.

raver

Comment

Do you have an overdraft with YB ? ie is it going to get swallowed up before you can use it ?

Its quite a small proportion of the total claim but if it does solve the immediate issues you have then yes take it as an interim.

Re the other debts that the DCA's are threatening you with - can you post details ? See if we can try sort those out so you arent back in the same boat in a couple months time.
          (just been talking to Tools on the phone he's out today)
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Excellent news raver over the moon for you.

As Amethyst says accepting this as an interim repayment will not affect the remainder of your claim. Also, you mention concerns that YB could ask for it back if the OFT are unsuccessful with the test case, to clarify, they cannot.

You say this will ease any immediate problems you have, fantastic. Could you post up details of any other companies you are having/had difficulties with and we can hopefully assist you further. Email me if you need to, you have my email address.

Amethyst is rightly concerned that the amount may get swallowed up by your overdraft, is this the case for you?

Jules
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X