• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Raver vs Yorkshire Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raver vs Yorkshire Bank

Starting thread for Raver vs Yorkshire Bank
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Raver vs Yorkshire Bank

Hello,

I currently have a hardship claim agaist Yorkshire Bank but originally claimed for a refund of bank charges last year. I had to take early retirement due to ill health and i am trying to live on a small pension, incapacity benifit and low rate dla. My wife is registered disabled and as had a hip replacement also 2 knee replacement operations. She receives severe disablement benifit and high rate dla ( part of this goes to motorbility for a car so she can get out) as she can only walk small distances.

Comment

Re: Raver vs Yorkshire Bank

Just adding more detail from your email raver

we have already been taken to court by the housing authority regarding getting behind with rent and must keep to agreed payments in order to remain in residience. we also are having problems paying other bills. documents sent to yorkshire bank prove this.

can you offer any help/advice as yorkshire bank will not respond to recent letters i have sent them ?.

attached is a document detailing the history of my claim to date.

obliged
      Will also upload your attached timeline. If possible could you type it into a post here for those that are unable to read it.

Also a few more questions/info if I may:
      • Would be helpful if you could outline your I/E figures
      • Is the account still in use and is it still incurring charges
      • Are Jeremy Sutcliffe & Co dealing with this on behalf of Yorkshire Bank or are the letters coming straight from YB
      • What stage did you get to in requesting your charges back before they informed you of that it was put on hold, did you submit a claim to court or just approach YB for repayment.

Sorry there are so many questions but the more information we have the easier it is to assist you. It does sound to me that you have a valid claim under hardship terms and everyone here would love to see you be in receipt of an interim repayment at the very least.

Jules
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

I have the rest of your email attachments raver and will add as and when I can

Comment

OK Raver I am posting the information you sent me via email.

I must stress however that you need to post the information on this thread and not communicate it to me via email. You will receive a broader base of advice by posting here and I may not always be able to respond to your emails in good time.

If you are having difficulty posting here please let me know.

Hello Tools,

The account was closed by Yorkshire Bank due to it going into the red
          to often - this was mainly due to charges made.

All documentation was sent/received to/from Yorkshire Bank.

Attached copies of all documents sent/received to/from Yorkshire bank.

Hope this is of help.

Regards,

raver.

Comment

The next lot

Comment

And more

Comment

Now they are all uploaded I will take some time and have a read to see where you are at and see if there is anything we can do to help you. Please be patient while I or someone else takes a look.

Jules

Comment

ok tools and thank you for your work - raver
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  hello everyone this is raver,

it is coming up to 8 weeks since i sent my hardship claim to yorkshire bank.
                  i understand 8 weeks is the timescale they should be working to in order to settle my claim.
                  should i write to yorkshire bank yet again and if so can you suggest anything that i should include in my letter?.
                  Last edited by raver; 13th November 2008, 19:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OK Raver, sorry I have taken so long to get back to you.

The current situation seems to be that they acknowledged receipt of your I&E sheet and will be contacting you in due course.

Their letter dated 20 something of October 2008 (sorry I can`t make out the exact date as the scans came through very small and unclear) reads

Customer Engagement
                    Advice Quality Unit
                    Ground Floor
                    20 Merrion Way
                    Leeds
                    LS2 8NQ
                    Dear Mr xxxxxx
                    Re: Charges Claim

Firstly we apologise for the delay in acknowledging your letter (income and expediture form)

We thank you for your letter dated 10th October 2008 & acknowledge that we have received the Income & Expenditure form.

Further we would advise you that we will contact you in due course once our investigation is complete
                    Their "investigation" can take several weeks so I am afraid you may have to be patient, however, I would be very tempted to write a letter to them once a week asking for an update of any progress and to also ask if they require any further supporting evidence to help their investigations. Make sure you ask for an acknowledgment of each letter you send and update them if/when any of your circumstances change (for example if you receive any further letters or demands from other creditors or an unexpected outgoing arises).

You also have a contact name and telephone number for David Robinson, I would definitely be inclined to contact them. Keep the pressure on them so you do not just get lost in an in tray somewhere but conversely do not be phoning them 3 times a day either. Make sure they are aware of any pending or upcoming legal action that is being taken against you by the creditors you mentioned and state that by receiving an interim repayment of charges this would prevent it.

You seem to be able to get your point across very well in your letters so I will leave those for you to write, but if you need any assistance then by all means ask.

Before you send any letters please post your drafts in here (leaving out your name address account number etc of course) so everyone can advise you if you need to add/change anything.

Good luck, hopefully they are already half way through their "investigation" and that they respond in your favour. I obviously haven't seen your IE sheet so cannot hazard any guesses to their decision. If you would like to post it up here or email it to me ?

You also mention that you have fallen behind with other creditors, if you could give details of that maybe we can help with those too.

Jules

Comment

thank you for this information jules it is much appreciated i will act on your recommendations.

raver

Comment

hi raver here i have drafted a letter to yb as surgested any comments please prior to posting ?.

Yorkshire Bank
                        Customer Engagement
                        Advice Quality Unit
                        First Floor
                        Brunswick Point
                        Wade Lane
                        Leeds
                        LS2 8NQ

Dear Sir/Madam,
                        Bank Charges Hardship Claim Your Ref ……………………………

I am writing regarding the above claim dated 8th September 2008.
                        On the 24th September 2008 I posted a completed Income & Expenditure Statement together with further documents as proof of our current dire financial situation.
                        It should be noted that our situation alters as time passes e.g. on Friday 14th November 2008 we received a telephone call from Rockwell Dept Collection Agency (see document supplied) threatening to take legal action against us as we have fallen behind with the payments.
                        I would be obliged if you could answer the following questions related to my claim:-
                        1. What is the current state of play with your investigations?.
                        2. Do you require any further information from me to help you with your
                        Investigations?.
                        Could you please acknowledge receipt of this letter at your earliest convenience please?
                        I look forward to hearing from you in the not to distant future.
                        Yours Sincerely
                        Etc Etc

Comment

good letter Raver - short polite and to the point.

After 2 - you might put

Due to my increasingly difficult financial position your early attention to this letter would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely

etc etc

Scooby
                          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Good letter raver, however I do agree with scooby, you must highlight the urgency of your situation.

Replace
                            Could you please acknowledge receipt of this letter at your earliest convenience please?
                            I look forward to hearing from you in the not to distant future.
                            with
                            Due to my increasingly difficult financial position your early attention to this letter would be appreciated and request written confirmation you have received this letter by return.

Comment

thank you scooby and tools for your comments regarding my draft letter to yb i have taken your advice and amended it in line with your comment and will post it to yb tomorrow ( tuesday 18th november).
                              fingers crossed.

regards raver.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X