• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do you have Late Payment charges from utility suppliers / household bills etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have Late Payment charges from utility suppliers / household bills etc.

Looking deeper into the charging structure in this country we wondered on peoples experience of incurring late payment charges on bills other than those for mortgages/financial products run by the banks.

We know that if your Direct Debit payment for your Mortgage or Loan repayment bounces you are charged;

1) by the bank holding your current account
    AND
    2) by the Mortage Lender /Credit card company etc for late payment

Do other companies, such as your Electricity company, Mobile Phone provider etc also charge late payment fees on your account if a Direct Debit payment doesnt go through on the original date ?

E-On for example state their right to charge a late payment fee if a payment is made after the due date, but in practise do they actually do this ?

Any thoughts / input into this would be most appreciated...if we can try and get a list of companies and their late payment charges/penalties then we feel it would show it is mainly the products provided by the banks which incur charges.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Do you have Late Payment charges from utility suppliers / household bills etc.

Some examples of suppliers/services:-

Electricity
    Gas
    Water
    Telephone
    Broadband
    Entertainment(Sky, Virgin TV etc)
    Council Tax
    TV License
    Pension Funds
    Insurances
    Assurances
    Club Memberships
    Subscriptions

We do not mean fees added if any kind of Court action or Bailiff action has commenced, we mean any fees added by the supplier due to late payment because a Direct Debit was returned.

ANY other supplier not mentioned would be appreciated and we need your input.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: Do you have Late Payment charges from utility suppliers / household bills etc.

Both AA Insurance and Auto Direct have charged me when DD was returned. However Norwich Union didn't.

Auto Direct charged me £12 for direct debit being returned (Car insurance)
      AA charged me £25 for direct debit being returned (Car insurance)

Norwich Union was life and home insurance

let me know if you need anything else
      Last edited by fuzzybrain; 21st October 2008, 14:41:PM. Reason: More info needed

Comment

Thank you outspoken, is it possible you could add the amounts and reasons given to your post, thank you , keep them coming everyone
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X