• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Powergen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powergen

lost my post so will do in the morning
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

the dawn of eternal darkness....you should know that
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: Powergen

oh was going to add to this but theres noting to add to...

oops

anyway to add to nothing

I got a STUPID letter from powergen saying they are whacking up my DD AGAIN to £100 a month !!!! from £50 a month !!!!

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

incase any one wants a look heres the info - just so u see what a cocked up mess it is - Its been like this on and off since december 2005 !!!!
      Last edited by Amethyst; 16th September 2007, 14:21:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have you had any destructions as to how you can work out your bills yourself?
        There is no info about your meter readings or anything, if thats what happens when you save a few bob to go on line with your account, I'd have my paper bill back in a flash.

Comment

oh yes i can get all my paper bills up on screen, and all meter readings.... in a seperate list.

I tried working my bills out myself to get an approx figure then they adjusted the meter (phantom install or something) and i have that 2k credit balance (ooo nice) then they adjusted it again which i agreed with which left the 1k odd balance - so I asked if they could return £800 of the overpayment to me and leave the £400 in to cover future bills for a while. And hey presto they magically adjusted my account to remove everything. The do seem to make it up as they go along. I'm happy to pay my bills which should be between £120 and £200 a quarter. But how on earth are we meant to keep track when they arse about like this. Hours and hours on the phone and online billing and days taking readings....they are just complete idiots and this time when they get their flaming asses sorted out and give me what I'm owed I'm switching companies.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

my confuddling bills

actually this is all one bill which I agreed with cause they re worked the whole thing out from the beginning to the current - BUT they didnt like it even though they sent it to me cause they removed everything again when i asked for the £800 to be paid back.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

When you get a mo log on to powergen and the moneysaving site you are not on your own.

Comment

Oh and I always ring them a correct the readings if they are shoddy estimates, and the meter mans comes a lot.

the day rate is rate 2 and the night rate is rate 1 whichis wrong apparently and they get all confused cause one is 17000 and one is 54000 so when they enter the numbers they cant see that 54500 is a bit of a jump from 17000 and dont realise that the other one ISNT entered wrong cause its minus 30000 units - and estimate it at stupid nutcase amounts - you just want to shake them and say SWAP THE NUMBERS ROUND IDIOTS

HAD METER Fitted November 2003

At one point they had me paying £121 a month which I did do for 7 months and it nearly killed us...

Now they want £100 a month instead of the £50 how are we ever meant to budget.

oh if it works out we do need to pay £100 a month then I want to KNOW it is the right amount and they wont credit us in 6 months time (cant really stop eating till they decide to let us can we) cause then we can sort the budget out (somehow) to pay it - but I'm not paying it on Powergens Whim.

anywayyyyyyyyyyyy I am calm...
                Last edited by Amethyst; 16th September 2007, 09:05:AM. Reason: speeeeeeeeeeling
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right Ame, the best way to work out which rate is night and which is day is see which is clocking during the day...... in different areas the rates can swap around....

Please send me copies of all your bills (email is fine) and i will sit and work out what has been going on... If they think they have the meter registers transposed then they will do what is called a dummy meter exchange, this will look confusing but should really be quite simple, they should show units withdrawn on the old way round, effectively charging nothing, then rebilling you for your usage the correct way round...

let me see all the bills and take me current meter readings please.

xx
                  Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
                  For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
                  And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Looks like this will be sorted soon lol.
                    I must admit I have never had a problem , reading my meters or working out my bills, though the gas one is a pain.
                    If my bills came like this though I think I would have invested in solar panels and a windmill lol.

Comment

Something you might consider is changing to a prepay meter, basically you pay as you go.

I am not certain if this offers and disadvantages in terms of rates but at least you would know exactly what was going on.

Then with the balance write and tell them how much you can pay off.

They will tell you they must have settlement of the outstanding balance over three months, they don't and they will accept sensible offers.

When we swapped providers we owed Powergen 800 which we didn't have offered 30pcm. They accepted and we have been paying this way for a year now.

Recently got a letter from a DCA, asking for the lot. Went through the 3 months thing, again. Then i explained that powergen had agreed a new contract with me and if they wanted to take me to court to do it. The judge would laugh himself silly if they wished to renege on an agreement they had accepted for a year.

I'm waiting to see if they are going to try again.

Just a thought

Glenn

Comment

hmmmm

When I first moved here we had a card meter. Kept running out at silly times - usually when the post office was shut - hence we had it changed to a proper meter. And this sounds really snobby - people in our village don't DO electricity cards and the people in the post office look at you like you are completely crazy....lol.

As I recall Powergen have to accept repayment over the same period they have been making the errors on your account up to 2 years (loulou?) and they also - if they have been undercharging you cant claim underpayments from further back than 2 years.

I have just checked the meter = RATE 2 52738.76 .... and RATE 1 is 17373.14

will check again in an hour or so.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

a prepayment meter will cost more because you have to pay a premium to have it... prepayment surcharge i believe it is known as.....

Not sure where the contract comes in with you Glenn, I dont know of any contracted domestic prices....

The billing code states that they cannot bill you for anymore than one years consumption. So if they havent billed you for 3 years and then decide to send a bill they can only charge you for the last years worth of consumption, in your case Ame they have been billing you and you have been paying the bills so these can be amended....

If you can get readings before midnight tonight hun that would be really helpful because i need to see which rate is moving during the day, otherwise both will have moved on.....

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
                          For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
                          And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Sooo Rate 2 is DAY RATE

They have rate 2 - down as LOW

and rate 1 down as normal

for christs sake dont tell me thats the wrong way round and i should have been payng MORE lol
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X