• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Seven Wonders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Wonders

From time to time Ill be posting various correspondence I've had with the OFT and others. All my stuff gets sent. All my letters include various amounts of cash which normaly, but not always, forces a response.

To: John Fingleton
    Chief Executive
    Office Of Fair Trading
    Fleetbank House
    2-6 Salisbury Square
    London
    EC4Y 8JX
    24/2/07

Hey Johnny boy !

How’s it hangin’ my man?

I wondered if you could drag yourself away from compiling my FOI request and do me a lemon. My nipper is doing a school project about the ‘The Seven Wonders Of The World’ and she would be thrilled if you could help her out. So over to you kid -and be nice ok? Mr Fingleton is a very clever and important man

Dear Mr Twelve Quid,

My project is entitled ‘The Seven Wonders Of The World’ and I’m featuring things like the the awe inspiring Grand Canyon, the majestic Victoria Falls, and the truly incredible decision you made allowing credit card issuers to charge a criminal £12 for sending out a letter informing their customers that their missed payment is accumulating an interest rate of 178 trillion per cent .

I just need some background on your inspiration for the decision , what kind of drugs you were on, were you bullied as a child, that kind of thing really. If you could just write it in a letter and pop it in the post to me that would be well cool.

My dad said that any request under the freedom of information act should rightly be paid for so I have my pocket money at the ready. Let me just work out how much to enclose.

Now lets see, it should only take about ten minutes of your time so if I divide that into your hourly pay of £6 (dad said you must be on the minimum wage cause that’s all you’re worth) so I’ll call it 87p. Then there is stationary and postage at, say, 50p. Now all I have to do is add the 2 numbers up, so I’ll use my new ‘OFT Ready Reckoner’ calculator that Santa got me for Christmas. So lets see, 87p + 50p = …..erm….£12.
    Simple really isn’t it?

Could whack off 10 copies please? My school chums like a laugh.

Pleased find enclosed.

Buttercup (age 7)

Dear Sir

Please find enclosed your £120.

It is not clear whether you expect a response to your letter of 24 February. In any event, we are sure you will not be surprised to learn that the OFT does not have any information of the kind described in your letter. As far as you are really interested in an explanation of the OFT’s action in relation to credit card default charges, please see above and previous correspondence.

If you are unhappy about the way in which your request for information has been handled, you may seek an internal review by writing to the Internal Review Co-ordinator, Room 4C/046 Office of Fair Trading, Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London EC4Y 8JX or by sending an e-mail to foiadpainternalreview@oft.gsi.gov.uk.

We will deal with any internal review within 25 working days of receipt or, if this is not possible, advise you of a date by which we expect to have completed a review of your complaint.
    If you remain dissatisfied with the OFT’s response you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at FOI/ EIR Complaints Resolution, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SX9 5AF.

Yours sincerely

Jennifer Slocombe
    Consumer Protection Enforcement Group
    Office of Fair Trading

Your number one fan can still spot the main man a mile away even if he does change his name

Comment

He He thnx Nattie

Comment

Sussed you too hun, welcome to LB! Ive not seen your posts in awhile
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Thanks Mochamoo. Luv that name

Comment

awww thanks... Am i on the best username list then? Hopefully not on the dodgy Avatar list
            When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X