• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BBA statement on Irish guarantee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBA statement on Irish guarantee

We are taking up with the Irish government its moves to guarantee bank deposits as this has distorted competition

More...

Re: BBA statement on Irish guarantee

bahhh humbugs

You have to split your money, now into £50k chunks, (oh to be in that position lol) between banks with no assosciation to one another - which is getting considerably harder. So yep if you can put it all in one irish bank and it be guaranteed safe I'd do that.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: BBA statement on Irish guarantee

I am an Irish citizen and I am shocked that our nation is now exposed to €400bn plus of bank liabilities, that the banks themselves chose to take on (Report, October 1). I am shocked that this has been done with no democratic debate beforehand and without the terms and conditions being settled and made public. Are we going to be guaranteeing the banks' profits too? Will the executives still get their bonuses?
      This guarantee represents an exposure of approximately €100,000 for every person in the state. It will also affect the credit rating, and therefore the cost, of Irish government bonds, adding another burden to the Irish citizen.
      Tom Conroy
      Dublin, Ireland
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Irish bank scheme to become law

The Irish government's decision to guarantee all deposits in the country's banks is expected to become law later.

More...

Comment

Savers dash for Irish safe haven as Brown is urged to match Dublin with blanket guara

Families have been scrambling to get their cash into 'safe havens' as Gordon Brown faced growing pressure to offer banks a blanket guarantee against economic turmoil.

More...

Comment

'No advantage' for Irish bankers

Irish banks will not unfairly benefit from the 100% savings guarantee scheme, a finance ministry source tells the BBC.

More...

Comment

Re: 'No advantage' for Irish bankers

In a previous statement form the lovely Angela Knight she said (not a direct quote)

96% customers are covered by the £35,000 limit and only an additional 2% would be covered by the new £50,000
              Therefore, only 2% would be covered by unlimited guarantee and there shouldn`t be much `competition` conflict.
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X