• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Endowment Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endowment Claim

Thread regarding an unfinished claim about miss sold endowments on his house. Basically the claim all of a sudden stopped when my partner left probably beacuse he didnt want to continue the claim because she would get half the money.
    Last edited by Paule; 23rd September 2008, 15:01:PM.

Re: Endowment Claim

Not sure if anyone can help with this one as yet but basically just before my partner left her husband there was a claim going through regarding two endowments and all of a sudden the claim stopped and her x husband told her that they couldnt claim for whatever reason.

Now we are eager to find out the real reason for our selves and if it was because he just stopped the claim then we would like to pick it up again providing he plays along which is unlikely.

So i have been on to the company who delt with the claim called sesame ltd who wouldnt give us any info over the phone so ive written a letter on behalf of my partner requesting all info on the claim under the rules of the data protection act so we will find out the truth about this.

Hopefully he did stop it and we can pick it up again and mabe get him into trouble over it not sure but i will keep you all updated well those who are intrested in this little situation.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Is this policy still in force?
      Is/Was it in joint names?
      Was it included in the financial settlement at the time of divorce?

Comment

in the devorce aggrement it was ordered that when the house gets sold both policys would either be cashed in or the x would buy me partner out, however the larger of the two policys has been cashed in to clear there joint debts, also there was a royal london policy and there has been an exchange on that so now the smaller of the two policys is in just the x's name and my partner has the royal london endowment.

Because one of the house endowments has been cashed in and the other soly in the x'S name would that effect the possibilty of claiming for the miss selling of the house endowments?

Comment

We need to know the exact wording of the order before we can advise further, the matrimonal finances and subsequent order will take priority over any other claims/actions.

Comment

emerald is it possible to send you a copy of the order please?

Comment

ok hi all i origonally sent a letter to sesame ltd the company who were dealing with the claim for the miss sold endowments i wrote them a letter stating could they please tell me the reasons or send me a final letter as to why the claim was stopped.

Now i recieved a letter back stating was that letter an SAR and if so you need to be more pecific, so i replied saying it was not an sar just a request for a copy of the final letter or the reasons as to why the claim was stopped.

It has been qwite a while now and still nothing i sent another letter about a week ago but still nothing back.

Also in the letter they stated if it was an SAR then both parties involved would need to be informed and sign the letter.

Now both parties involved would be my partner and her X could we not just send a SAR requesting all information about my partner or because this was a joint claim do we have to get him to agree to this request aswell.

Could someone please advise thanks

Comment

If you insructed a company to deal with the matter( I guess on a no win no fee basis) then I agree you have to take the matter up with them?

I am not sure about claiming on a policy that has been cashed but if it was mis-sold then it was mis-sold so probaly worth pursuing but any policy that is or was joint would need both signatures to get a reply.
                "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

so even though my partner and X dont get on atall and there would be no way of him agreeing to sign or even tell her what heppened to this claim there is no way she can find out by an SAR just by herself?

Shurley she can just request info they have on her although i do see what you mean all the info they have on her is the same as what they have on the X but shurley there is a way around that given the state of play between them.

Comment

I would be inclined to send them a full SAR in any case and see what they reply with.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X