• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is the bailliff chasing you behaving illegally??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the bailliff chasing you behaving illegally??

If so report him/her to the court which registered him/her

Yesterday a (I have edited out the company as I now understand there may be further litigation against them) bailiff had his certificate revoked by a circuit judge as not being a fit & proper person to hold a certificate.

The Judge was particularly concerned that the original notice included inflated fees which when queried by the judge the bailiff stated that "his company told him to do that to use a a bargaining tool"

The Judge then remarked "so when a debtor phones to pay you tell them OK but deduct £200 1st" the bailiff replied "yes sir" to which the Judge responded with "Oh really"

The Judge was also concerned that such an inflated notice could possibly send an already vulnerable person into the arms of an unscrupulous lender.

I understand the DCA have agreed to change their notice

So the message is if they try to screw you report them
    Last edited by righty; 23rd September 2008, 17:10:PM.

Re: Is the bailliff chasing you behaving illegally??

Brilliant advice Righty, thank you for that.

Comment

I wonder where Rossendales are registered............Cetelco?
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I assume a post with a link has been removed

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
          I assume a post with a link has been removed
          Yes there was a spam post removed

Comment

I have rossendales enforcement address and I am reporting them for lots of reasons and Cetelco is kindly guiding me in the right direction just waiting for the green light.

LavenderRose x

Comment

How do you report a bailiff who is acting illegally?

How do you find out what court registered them?

Has anyone got a letter you can send to the court once you find out?

Help gratefully received!!!!

Jules

Comment

If the bailiff is certificated, then you should use a Form 4 - Complaint against a certificated bailiff and report the bailiff to the court that originally issued the bailiff's certificate.

If you have the name of the bailiff, then call the Ministry of Justice on 020 3334 3555 and ask for details of the certificate. Their list is not always up to date however but they will be able to tell you which court issued the original certificate and you can then call that court.

You do not need to send a letter, as above, fill in the Form 4, which is free and available here Form 4

Comment

Thanks Cetelco, I have also added that form for download directly from here.
                  Attached Files
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X