• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Penalty Charges Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage Penalty Charges Claims

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    I disagree babe - although with the new focus on the indemnity clauses its worth looking into further - but only go to court if you can afford to pay costs until a decent case is established. Otherwise stick to FOS.
    You haven't seen the clause yet.............. it's weak as Tescos lager.

Will post the full terms and conditions on my own thread.

Plus there is also a rider in my own terms and conditions ........." The Company's costs and expenses are recoverable from the borrower on demand. The Borrower must pay the Company's costs and expenses in full unless the Borrower shows that the costs and expenses were unreasonable in amount" La la la la la

Besides I also do not have an outstanding mortage with them, it's all paid off.

Jax's mortgage conditions or circumstances may be different to my own so we obviously will need to tread carefully there. I certainly wouldnt advise a court claim for anyone with an outstanding mortgage.

Comment

lol cheers Have you read the indemnity thread i posted earlier - might be interesting if the terms are as dire as you say.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Needless to say I am quite excited about it.

It's my next campaign.

LOL

Comment

Having experiance with repossesion and indemnity issurance, you will find that it is not the mortgage company that chase you for loses, its the insurance comapny the bank use, trust me having dodged the insurance companies for the last 12 years, Budgie, I know you are very good at what you do.
          But please get everybody ( & i am one) following you to thouroghly check their terms and conditions

Comment

Agree with you totally SWOS.

Just because one persons circumstances and T+C's might allow them to safely proceed with a claim doesn't mean that that situation will be the same for everyone.

The more people with experience that can help and lend some expertise to these sort of claims the better for all concerned. It's a team effort !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              lol cheers Have you read the indemnity thread i posted earlier - might be interesting if the terms are as dire as you say.
              Which thread Amy?

I'll start my thread in here as well--but I'm not at the stage of Budgie & Jax007 yet--(been hanging back)

Mine is Halifax--who seem to pay out on CAG (apparently-but I can't pin down the threads--but I have been told by Bono that FOS have told Mortgage Compananies its all or nothing-no partial payment offers)

Comment

Here you go Turbs and anyone else struggling to find it

Indemnity Clauses in Mortgage Contracts
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Let me get my own stiff posted up and we can plan our strategy.
                  Budgie ... oh purleeeeeeeze!!! I've gone quite red!!

I've come over all unnecessary..................

jax

Comment

PMSL.

Oooops

Comment

pmsl missed that....just spat my coffee out.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Am I the ONLY one paying attention here?? LOL

jax

Comment

Obviously !!!!!

LMAO

Will start my thread and post my docs tomorrow.

Sorry for delay ( been busy )

Also thanks for your email will check out stuff you sent and report back.

Please post up on your thread Jax.

Budgie

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
                            Budgie ... oh purleeeeeeeze!!! I've gone quite red!!

I've come over all unnecessary..................

jax

Ive gotta bucket of cold water for ya Jax ! Whos clever idea was it to put the 'U' next to the 'I'.. must be one of the downfalls of having a 'qwerty' keyboard LOL

Bf xx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

I am always getting my mucking fords wuddled.

I too had a mortgage with GMAC some time ago and last year I sent a DPA request for all my information. I got a comprehensive bundle back and I must say in their favour they gave me everything right down to photocopies of post it notes stuck onto letters. They also gave full descriptions of system codes used on screen dumps.

I was originally planning to make a claim for ERC`s following on from zootscoots `success` OTR . I was advised by some `blokes` OTR called Karnevil , Hagenuk and Zooman not to proceed with my ERC claim ( I think I got as far as LBA stage) as quite a few were starting to fall foul of the indemnity clause contained within their T&C`s exposing themselves to huge costs...........so that was that. As far as I remember only ever incurred one or two late/bounced payment charges which were actualy due to my previous emloyer making mistakes with my wages.

I shall keep the ERC claim on the back burner until such a time as I feel able to start it back up again. I have only recently found out (funnily enough by two of the same `blokes` one who has mysteriously become a woman called Amethyst) that if the contract has terminated that the indemnity clause is no longer applicable(Feel free to correct me if I have understood this incorrectly)

As many have said on here Jax, continue your claim for late charges, but take the FOS route and not court whilever the mortgage is held with GMAC and the indemnity clause is in effect.
                              Last edited by Tools; 23rd September 2008, 02:21:AM.
                              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

funnily enough by two of the same `blokes` one who has mysteriously become a woman called Amethyst
                                no mystery about it, took 7 hours of intense surgery ! Thanks for holding my hand from the next bed Beryl :kiss:

that if the contract has terminated that the indemnity clause is no longer applicable
                                corrected lol. It is for issues from within the contract period.
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd September 2008, 09:07:AM.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X