• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Penalty Charges Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage Penalty Charges Claims

Great post Tools !

Explains a lot PMSL

Comment

As many have said on here Jax, continue your claim for late charges, but take the FOS route and not court whilever the mortgage is held with GMAC and the indemnity clause is in effect.
      Thanx Tools

Actually the GMAC claim running here is for daughter but as for myself, like Budgie, I have a redeemed GMAC mortgage. So we therefore have 2 routes to market ..........

jax

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
        I have only recently found out (funnily enough by two of the same `blokes` one who has mysteriously become a woman called Amethyst) that if the contract has terminated that the indemnity clause is no longer applicable(Feel free to correct me if I have understood this incorrectly)

As many have said on here Jax, continue your claim for late charges, but take the FOS route and not court whilever the mortgage is held with GMAC and the indemnity clause is in effect.
        Tools

If Indemnity Clauses are not applicable on closed Mortgages--then presumably no risk of costs against - so why do you still reccommend the FOS route--or am I missing something?

Comment

They are applicable as matters arising from the contract.

Sometimes you will see a clause 'The indemnities in this clause shall survive termination of any agreement under these Terms'
          Last edited by Amethyst; 25th September 2008, 12:01:PM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            They are applicable as matters arising from the contract.

Sometimes you will see a clause 'The indemnities in this clause shall survive termination of any agreement under these Terms'
            I'm getting a bit confused on this Ame ( as usual for me )--in above post by Tools--did you( or Tools) not say effectively that on termination of the mortgage contract-that the indemnity clause was null & void?

Comment

Umm Tools did but he did say correct him if he was wrong. Not that he necessarily is, but he may be and contracts need to be looked at very very carefully before embarking on any claim of this type.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We have received a copy of the mortgage offer which includes some of the related financial T&Cs. For the rest of them, the letter received said refer to the booklet received at time of taking out mortgage ... so that didn't really help much.

Although I can say there is no mention of an Indemnity Clause ... probably in the other stuff!

Budgie ... what date did you take out your GMAC mortgage coz if it's the same time and they are standard terms, they might be the same??

jax

Comment

hi

i had a gmac mortgage and i think i still have the T&C's what year are you looking for?

Borgbaiter

ps checked my gmac file and i dont have T&C's either just the mortgage offer refering to a booklet. doubt i ever had one :-(. i used to be sooooo trusting.
                  Last edited by borgbaiter; 29th September 2008, 20:27:PM. Reason: checked me files

Comment

Thanks for looking Borg.

I have found a photocopied booklet from GMAC which came with the threat of possession letter and those terms are dated 2004 (I have a feeling the mortgage was taken out in 2005).

However, at first glance, I cannot find any reference to an Indemnity Clause.

Cheers
                    jax

Comment

Budgie I have taken an extract from the GMAC Mortgage Conditions 2004 which were sent prior to the repossession hearing. They are just a photocopy of a brochure…….

There is another section which relates to how expenses should be paid but don’t think it’s really relevant. I can't see anywhere else that it refers to the debtor being liable for fees.

Hope to get this scanned in full on Thursday when I can get access!

Definitions and Interpretation

‘expenses’ means all reasonable costs and expenses which we have to pay in connection with the mortgage. These include costs and expenses which we pay:

(a) recovering all or part of the amount owed;
                      (b) bringing or defending legal proceedings relating to the amount owed, the property or any other security for the amount owed;
                      (c) complying with a remediation notice in respect of the property served on you or us under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 unless we knowingly caused or allowed the property to become contaminated when in possession as mortgagee;
                      (d) protecting, preserving or enforcing any security for the amount owed; remedying any breach by you of any of your obligations under the mortgage including your obligation to repair the property;
                      (e) exercising any or our rights under these conditions;

Our expenses include costs and expenses which we have to pay to third parties and our administration fees in respect of our internal costs as set out in our tariff.

Hope this helps. Don’t forget this one is current!

Need to dig out my own … what date does yours date from?

Cheers
                      jax

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X