• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confused, but i shouldn't be.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused, but i shouldn't be.

Just had a thought whilst doing the ironing :tinysmile_cry_t:

As far as we know there is only 2 meters. I think that the second flat is calculated by subtracting the second meter (to flat a or b) from the main meter.

I will complete (on behalf of my son) form N244 and ask for a copy of the NPower bill as refered to in the letter dated 14th August 2008.

I will ask for the ajounment whilst we receive that, correct?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Is there a particular form to use for a section 18 request, I can't seem to find one on the hmgov site.

Thanks
    Last edited by midlifecrisis; 14th September 2008, 15:27:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you have to do it manually. leave the N244 today we need to work out what we're doing first.

I'll give you a hand a bit later on xxxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have followed the guidelines and sent the first request to Mrs giving her 7 days then I will ask the courts to ask her.

Heres hoping.............

Comment

Good stuff - sorry I got tied up with life stuff this afternoon. glad you found the part 18 info okay.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

She should have got the request today and hopefully will respond asap as we are getting very close to the hearing date. My lad has just started a new job after being on JSA for a couple of months and his new boss is reluctant to give him the time off. Can we ask for an adjournment at this late date?:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Yes you can - you can also say that you are awaiting further information from the claimant as well as being unable to attend due to work commitments and ask that it is put back a month.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

MLC

I think your point about the apportionment bill not having a VAT number is a red herring. Your son isn't VAT registered for his personal property and has no use for a VAT number. Nor are the landlords likely to be VAT registered as rent isn't (normally) subject to VAT. So there's no reason for a VAT number.

Comment

Originally posted by argentarius View Post
                  MLC

I think your point about the apportionment bill not having a VAT number is a red herring. Your son isn't VAT registered for his personal property and has no use for a VAT number. Nor are the landlords likely to be VAT registered as rent isn't (normally) subject to VAT. So there's no reason for a VAT number.
                  No red herring I am afraid, if an invoice has VAT added to it the person issuing the invoice must be VAT registered. The correct way to have done it would have been to aportion the VAT into the body of the invoice. But thanks for your input though.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  I have now had the copy of the Npower bill and having studied it shows how the calculations have been done.

The main meter is for 3a all he/she had done is installed a secondary meter for 3b and deducted those readings from 3a.

There is a descrepency so have offered the full amount as per Npowers calculations.

We have asked for the court fees to de deducted as we feel that if they had answered our letters back in March and May none of this would have happened.

Thanks for all you help
                  Last edited by midlifecrisis; 18th September 2008, 14:48:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Okay any chance of a scan of that bill?

Did they send you the original bill as response to your Part 18 ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Okay any chance of a scan of that bill?

Did they send you the original bill as response to your Part 18 ?
                      It was a copy (with, I presume, another address masked out but saying for the supply to 3a)

Now even the fax isn't working and I am off work now till a week on Monday so can;t get to a scanner sorry.

We are happy with the £544 and are asking the fees to bewithdrawn for the lack of action on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
                        No red herring I am afraid, if an invoice has VAT added to it the person issuing the invoice must be VAT registered. The correct way to have done it would have been to aportion the VAT into the body of the invoice. But thanks for your input though.
                        But they weren't adding VAT.

Taking an invoice which shows £300 + VAT = £315, and producing an apportioned one which is made up as £150+VAT=£307.50, isn't "adding VAT to an invoice". It's showing you your 50% liability. (Example figures, but my gist is obvious).

Either you're legally right or wrong, but either way you are splitting hairs and the end result would be the same.

Comment

Okay if you are happy with the evidence they have FINALLY supplied then excellent. I fully agree with you asking them to remove the costs element as you had attempted to sort this out originally and the only reason the debt was unpaid was their lack of action. Have absolutely nooooooo idea on the vat issue lol.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X