• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming costs in FOS complaint cases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming costs in FOS complaint cases

compensation for distress, inconvenience or other non-financial loss

9. allowance for consumer's time

In awarding compensation, we sometimes make allowance for the time the consumer needed to spend to put things right – though not usually for the consumer’s time in dealing with us. This will normally be at a modest rate (around £50 to £100 a day, and not more than £10 per hour). However, a higher amount may be appropriate in the case of business complaints – but not usually as much as the business’s charge-out rate.

10. allowance for consumer's expenses

We may also make allowance for expenses reasonably incurred – such as a reasonable estimate of the cost of phone calls and postage.
    Where the business’s actions have denied the consumer access to a service, the cost of obtaining that service by another means (even where the consumer did not in fact do this) can sometimes be useful measure. For example, where a business’s actions denied the consumer the use of a car for a period, it will be relevant to consider the cost of hiring a car (or other forms of transport).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Claiming costs in FOS complaint cases

Am going after this with Welcome due to my death reported on credit file. Still not heard a dickie bird on that yet.

Comment

Well MSE were reporting it was £10 an hour yesterday but be darned if I can find the thread on MSE or any mention of £10 on FOS site.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Pass, will have a butchers though now you mention it lol.

In awarding compensation, we sometimes make allowance for the time the consumer needed to spend to put things right – though not usually for the consumer’s time in dealing with us. This will normally be at a modest rate (around £50 to £100 a day, and not more than £10 per hour). However, a higher amount may be appropriate in the case of business complaints – but not usually as much as the business’s charge-out rate.

They are prob referring to this Amethyst

Comment

pmsl yes I knowwwwwwwww nowwwwwwwwww I'm so dense sometimes honestly
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

LOL!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X