• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

He Does Not Live Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Does Not Live Here

My son does not live with me, he has never lived with me at this address where I have been for ten years. I have however paid for and taxed his car for him over the internet and had it delivered to this address, as he is of no fixed abode and I rarely know where he is. It is then forwarded to a temporary pick up address for him.

He has had lots of problems with mistaken identity theft which we thought had been legally sorted four years ago. These parking offences are when he was recently twice arrested again, and taken to the police station, only for them to find it wasn't him. My son will not take legal action against the police.

I am now being harassed constantly by letter, and visits by two Bailiffs from different companies. They are threatening to bring a Removal Van and remove goods. I have written to these companies explaining that he does not live here, I have even spoken to them on the phone, all to no avail.

As I have said, my son does not live here, and I cannot forward on any of this correspondence as I do not know his present whereabouts. He does not know about the parking offences. How can they constantly keep charging him for all the letters and visits, a small fine has now become hundreds of pounds ? Why will they not believe me that he does not live here ?

Meanwhile I am in constant distress at them arriving at my door with a removals van and gaining entry which they had threatened to do, or yet more threatening letters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: He Does Not Live Here

Hiya Twilley,

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament, I have flagged up your problem to someone who no doubt will be able to help you, although I do believe he is working at the moment, so may not reply till later today.

Stay calm, help will be here for you.

Comment

Hi there. Firstly, I am not an expert in bailiff issues, but will get someone who is to have a look at this for you. Do you have the names of the bailiffs/bailiff companies. We need to check whether they are licenced. Secondly, if anyone turns up at your door DO NOT LET THEM IN. make sure there are no windows, doors left open or anywhere that they could be considered to have been "invited" in. Talk to them from an upstairs window and under no circumstances allow them into your house.

Somone will be along soon with more advice.

Wendy xx
      Is no longer here

Comment

Have a read of this thread http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...6988#post76988

It is quite similar to your situation. Send the letter in post #2 as soon as possible.

Comment

As these visits are for unpaid parking ticket the bailiffs will be calling as a result of a fine having been issued in the Magistrates Court. Fines are a priority debt because the Magistrates Court has the power to send you to prison for non-payment.

Since you have been buying and receiving his car tax, who is the registered keeper of the car? If you are the registered owner or keeper of the car then you are responsible for the charge and must pay it

Furthermore, from July 2005 bailiffs also have the power to break into your home to take your goods even if they have not been into your home before.

Because of these new powers, it is no longer safe to try to avoid bailiffs coming into your home by refusing to let them in for any debts relating to Magistrates Court fines.

You should look at this thread Trying it on or for real - Legal Beagles and write to both bailiff companies and make it quite clear to them that your son does not live at your house, never has and that none of his possessions are there and that you will take legal action for the criminal offence of theft, should they attempt to attend your property with the intention of removing goods.

If you like, once you have drafted the letters, post them here first.

Comment

Thanks for all your help and advice, which I am acting on today by writing the TAKE NOTICE letter on the link provided, and a copy to the County Council. I will also write a separate covering letter to the County Council. One of the Baliffs in question are EQUITA and today I received yet another letter advising me that a Removal Contractors would be calling in the next 48 hours. The other Bailiffe is Philips Collection Services Ltd. Both of which I have previously written to and informed them that he does not live here !

Thanks again for all the help and advice which is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi Twilley,

have you heard again from the bailiffs at all?

xx
              Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
              For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
              And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Hi Guys
                Need some good advise i have an order for me from the bailiff regardinf unpaid council tax for £1500-00 and have been informed by the bailiff that he intends to pay me a visit this week, i did not know nothing about being taken to court by the council at all but they tell me i cant do nothing about it ?? i have also just send a hardship claim to the abbey hoping that i will get some of the £7000-00 + that they owe me but that will take a few weeks.
                i am so worried about these bailiffs getting to me home what can i do ?? HELP !!!!!
                Thanks
                Judy

Comment

Judith, best to start your own thread on this. Go to the "Bailiff Issues" forum, click on start new thread, and post away.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X