• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

loan sharks with real teeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: loan sharks with real teeth

I would like to see the credit agreement. It seems possible to me that it is unlawful, and it would certainly come under the unfair relationships clauses of the consumer credit act 2006 IMHO.

Comment

hi hope everyone is having a good weekend.

has anyone got a good letter to send to LBL to hold them off while the account is in dispute with Stephensons solicitors. I have told them on the phone but need to send them a letter to confirm this so they cant take any action whilst it is in dispuste it this possible?

Jules

Comment

You could use one of these http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=9110

or one of Curlyben's which are stickied at the top of the Debt forum.

Comment

hello

Can any of you brilliant guys help me out.

my account with lbl is in dispute as it is in the hands of my solicitors. I have written to them with extracts from tanzarellis thread but they are still hounding me and also i got a letter today saying they are going to auction my car if i do not pay up.

My Solicitor Stevensons are currently in litigation with them and apparently something is happening on the 10th October which could stop them in their tracks not too sure what as i am not legally up to date on things. I believe there is a case in hand that could help everyone involved in a dispute with lbl.

But until then i need to prevent lbl taking my vehicle as i need it for work. Do you think the letter i sent would be enough to prevent this i think they are ignoring it would they be acting against OFT rules?

can some one help on this one i would be very grateful.

Comment

hello fellow beagle anyone got any ideas with this one. Any help would be appreciated.

jules

Comment

What have your solicitors said regarding this?

Comment

They have said that they cant guarantee that they wont take my car and to hide it. not very helpful huh

I just wondered are they aware of the OFT stance on trying to harrass people when the account is in dispute, I assume they must be so i am a bit confused.

Do you think i should talk to solicitors on monday?

Comment

They are fully aware of what this company is upto. Unfortunately LBL are NOT a firm that acts within the bounds of normal practice or common decency so whatever the solicitor demands of them they will ignore.

However whilst I would advise hiding the car for the moment don't give up make sure your included in the group action. Contact the solicitor as I understand that something is about to literally happen within a couple of days.

Comment

thanks for your post righty i did ring stevensons today and they confirmed i would be included in the injunctions they are trying to obtain should find out by Friday.
                    I believe they have a case then (not mine) but after that they will be able to tell wether they can get injunctions for all their clients so fingers crossed.
                    plus they have informed me if they do take my car I can sue them etc but want to avoid this so will just have to hide my car until further notice.
                    what a way to live huh!

Comment

hi got some good news today the case on Friday was successful apparently. A client of stevensons went to court to get an injuction preventing lbl from seizing their car and i believe it was won. So now stevensons are applying for further injunctions for people in simular situtations (of which i am included).

Yippee no more hiding of my vehicle.

jules

Comment

Just keep it hidden till you get the injunction.

LBL may now try and grab as many cars as they can now before each client gets an injunction against them, on the basis that they will prob lose again

PKea

Comment

Jules 2008
                          The injunction was obtained by 'mutual' agreement & when the draft order is received the wording will be amended to include clients like you

Comment

hello everyone hope you have all had a good week.

I have just had some absolutely fantastic news lbl are dropping the £600 that they say i owe and they are not coming after my car now the matter is settled once i send back the letter signed sealed and delivered.

I want to say the biggest thankyou to legal beagles as i could of not done this without you.

THANK YOU x1000000
                            :champagne:
                            Last edited by jules2008; 14th November 2008, 21:17:PM.

Comment

Well done to you and all those who helped you on here

so nice to have some good news!

scooby
                              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Great news:champagne:

Re your PM feel free to contact The News of the World at your leisure who conducted the most recent expose of LBL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X