• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tiny Lex Vs UK Open Collage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Lex Vs UK Open Collage

Hi to all in the General Consumer Forum,

Has anyone had any experience with the UKOpenCollege.

My daughter recently enrolled with this organization some 4 months ago. She paid her £200 + fee and settled down to her first module. She sent her course work, by email, back for marking with the promise that it would be returned to her within seven days. So far she has not heard a dickey bird !!!

Despite many emails, letters and phone calls they have apparently ceased to exist.

This is the contact info we have :-

Freepost
    UK open College.

Email
    studentsupport@ukopencoll ege.co.uk

Tel.
    0800 0131030

The emails keep coming back as ' address unknown '

The tel. goes to answer phone with no reply.

Does any one know any thing about them ????

Here is a copy of the last letter/email we sent :-

My daughter has tried on several occasions to contact you with regards to the lack of response to course work that she submitted 2 months ago. Having received no response from yourselves during this time she has subsequently re-submitted the course work a further 3 times. Tiny Lex has also tried calling the number given 0800 0131030 and has still received no response.

I myself have today left a message on your answering service with regards to this matter, requesting that you contact either my daughter or myself.

Tiny Lex does have serious intention of completing her chosen course, preferably within 6 months of enrollment, however without your feedback/marking of her submitted work she is unable to progress to the next module given that only one can be submitted at anytime.

I would seriously appreciate your help on this matter. I have, given the lack of communication, checked that you are actually registered with Companies House. I can only assume that there has been a breakdown in communications somewhere along the line.

Yours sincerely

The Lex's

All help gratefully received,

With thanks

Lex
    Last edited by lex; 5th July 2007, 17:46:PM.

Hi Lex. I've done a little bit of digging and have found the following:

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

For their current company information

UK Open College - Home Learning Courses Study At Home - Home Learning

Their Website.

The telephone number is the same, so I'd say the company are still in existence.

Assuming that is the correct website. A quick check of their website registration details provides the following:

WHOIS Query

Hopefully the above should provide some further information, but I would say the last link (nominet) gives the web designers address, rather than the companies, so don't go harrasing them

I've checked the email address, and it does seem to work, although it is possibly returning emails due to the inbox being full?

Hope these details help.

Matt

Comment

Also.. Their email address seems to be registered in Holland, but as you say, it returns the emails with, basically, that the address doesn't exist.

Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS, and DNS Records Lookup

Thats their EMAIL address IP.

Comment

Cheers Matt,

Well done and thank you. I have their registered Business address so I will send them a ' produce the goods or refund the payment ' letter.

I'll give them 14 days to respond and if there is no joy, follow that up with a L.B.A. Starting to sound familiar 'eh.

Thanks mate,

Lex

Comment

Hummm !!

I've just run thier ( UK Open College ) address by B.T. There is no telephone registered to this address :-

Name & Registered Office:
          UK OPEN COLLEGE LIMITED
          THE MERIDIAN, COPTHALL HOUSE
          STATION SQUARE
          COVENTRY
          WARWICKSHIRE CV1 2FL
          Company No. 06130321

I have just posted a copy of my letter above on their web site, I'm not holding my breath.

Lex
          Last edited by lex; 5th July 2007, 17:15:PM.

Comment

Just out of interest, did you know that 0800 number diverts to an ORANGE answerphone?? a mobile!!! That would worry me a bit?

I'll do a bit more digging tonight and see what I can come up with.

Matt

Comment

OK, Quick update.

I made contact with their web host's ( I was nice Matt, honest )

They have offered to forward all of our old emails on to a 'new' address they have just set up for for this 'college', perhaps we may get a result after all !!!

Lex
              Last edited by lex; 5th July 2007, 17:16:PM. Reason: perhaps I should return to 'collage' for spelling lesson's

Comment

Hi Matt,

The web host's have made contact with one of the 'Partners'. Who has promised to contact me within 24 hours. Now then, who wants to run a book on that happening ?

Lex

Comment

How convenient I wouldn't think it too likely that anyone will get in touch, but you never know!

Still seems weird that their 0800 number diverts to a mobile to me? That'd suggest that there's only one person running the show to me, what do you think?

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the link to the web site host's

Believe it or not, one of the staff, Bill ?, did ring tonight. He promised he would sort out the ' miss understating ' and gave me a new email address to forward the course work too. His phone number was withheld, so I am still not to hopeful, but at least I have made contact ! I will keep you informed as it unfolds. He Say's within 24 hours ??? This outfit offers no formal qualification's, only their own, but my daughter really wants something to show on her C.V. before she starts at the 'Duchy College' in September. Let's hope they come up with the Good's.

I just think £240 per term is a bit steep for a piece of paper that is basically worthless. I wish she had let us look at what she was doing before she entered the agreement

Thank you for your help

Lex

Comment

Cheers Matt and All,

We seem to have a result, 'Bill' did give me a new email addy for the UK Open College. This is it if anyone else is having problems with them :-

ukopencollege@btinternet.com

Matt, Thanks for the Link to their Web Host's, I don't think I would have found them without it Cheers mate !! It seems to work and they now say they have received the course work. Let's hope it is of some benefit to Tiny Lex

Lex

Comment

Nice one mate, glad it's worked out ok! I hope Tiny Lex passes now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X