• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays and possible internal Fraud but they're not doing anything about it!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays and possible internal Fraud but they're not doing anything about it!!!

I wonder has anyone on here read this

" I was medically discharged from the army from my injuries in Afghanistan. I had my invaliding bonus put into a high interest savings account. Now purely by accident i happened to see my balance on that account ( should have been £12236, and it was down to £3250) i asked where my money had gone. They printed out a statement of what had gone out. Straight away i knew something wasn't right. Turns out somebody had been taking money from my savings account putting it into my current account to cover their tracks on taking money from the current account in the first place."

Full thread Here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ng-anyone.html

How in gods name can Barclays get away with this and how come The FSA aren't doing anything about it?

It's absolutely discusting that they can do this to anyone let alone an Army Veteren.

If Tom Brennen is Looking for another case to get his teeth into this could well be it!!
    Shooter x
    Last edited by shooter; 28th August 2008, 23:26:PM.
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Re: Barclays and possible internal Fraud but they're not doing anything about it!!!

From what you have said it sounds disgusting - is it proven that thats whats been happening or is it suposition. I'm banned from OTR hunny so can't see the thread. Is he getting some help over there?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Barclays and possible internal Fraud but they're not doing anything about it!!!

This case has been ongoing for nearly a year now as well.

In a nut shell the bank have fobbed him off and said that as payments were done with Chip & Pin he must have done the transactions.

Think he is going to FOS and FSA now.

From what I briefly read on it it doesnt even sound like hes had any Police involvement either, which has been advised to him, which seems strange.

I cant help thinking that maybe while he's been away on service someone at home has been using his account, but as its gone this far they cant admit it now.

Comment

It's been going on since November last year Ame, and having read the thread, tbh I think the help he's had has been none existent. All they've suggested (in the main) is getting the press involved. Nothing particularly constructive imo, apart from SAR. . But seems like its gone to far now to drag him over here and sort him out.

Potted history is, money went missing from one account, transferred into other account, to cover up missing moneyfrom that account. He had no knowledge of these transfers and withdrawals. Went to branch, sorted out and put a fraud marker on account. Which was mysteriously taken of again allowing the same thing to carry on happening. bank have taken forever to investigate and are now chasing him for debt/overdraft on the current account etc, and saying that he is implicated in the fraud so they are not refunding any money. The Guardian are on the case now.
        Not sure if there's anything we can do.

Tbh it seems a bit dodgy to me, can't understand why he hasn't involved the police, unless its family/joint account holder doing the "borrowing"??
        Is no longer here

Comment

I read the entire thread this morning.

It all looks very dodgy to me.

He has been getting some assistance and good advice OTR, which he seems to be ignoring. There are some long delays between posts in some parts of the thread.

My advice would be to leave matters well alone.

Budgie

Comment

Thanks for replies,

I agree with you that is probably to late to drag him over here to help him as it has been going on for a good while now.

I must admit That I didn't think that it was possibly a relative as it reads more like a member of the staff at the bank what with markers being added by the branch and remove mysteriously the same day.
            We had a case of fraud in our family where one of the younger members had stolen a few cheques from an Older member and had written them out to themselves over several weeks before being noticed, (unfortunately Older Member would invove the police)The bank put a fraud marker on the account and even when the older member went into branch to carry out a transaction they had to go through some rigorous security checks, The marker was never lifted even when they died 5 years later.

Personally, Although I probably read it incorrectly, I thought on reading it that the bank had refused to involve the police, But as I said , I've probaly misread it.

Interesting thread though so I'll probably keep watching it to see what if any outcome there is.

Thanks all

Shooter x
            Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Thanks guys - sounds interesting...let us know how things pan out shooter xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

My daughter has just had £1400 removed from her account today. I think we need a thread dedicated to this fraud.

Comment

My god, Whats the hell is happening.

I take it she also banks with Barclays.

Has she spoken to anyone yet and if so what have they said that they are going to to?

Shooter x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X