• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking Lloyd's bank to small claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking Lloyd's bank to small claims

Thank you Got it. You never responded to that letter at all did you?

There are faults with their defence that can be challenged but really to move forward with this it would mean a major amendment of your claim ( requiring an application and possibly a hearing - application fee is £255 ) There is a relatively high risk of costs being awarded against you, and the arguments are extremely complex - it can be done (in my opinion anyway) but it's not something I would try, or get anyone else to try on their own at the moment. You would need representation and it is likely that any ruling in your favour ( or even against you ) would go to an appeal.

You'd also need to amend the claim to cover the full amount of charges taken, plus the interest apportioned to the charges and so on, which would increase the court fee and potentially it would go to the fast track.

That sounds like I'm trying to put you off, and I suppose I am really, this is a hugely different ball game to the claim against Trades Gateway who are scammy small fry in comparison to Lloyds and you need to be fully aware of the risks.

Personally I'd discontinue and hang fire until Legal & Trade or whoever they pass the remaining debt to try and bring a claim against you, and hope that by then there has been some progress on charges through court which you can use to defend their case / counterclaim.

This is just MY thoughts though - I suspect others will have varying opinions.

Sloane ( who's case I mentioned before ) tried to proceed on his own with a poor particulars of claim ( quite similar to yours currently - sorry ) and didn't attend any hearing - his case was struck out and the bank ( Halifax rep'd by TLT solicitors ) were awarded over £6k of costs against him.

Oh btw, did ANY of your letters to Lloyds mention the UTCCR ( unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations ) as there's no mention in the Resolver complaint letter or the Ombudsman letter, so it's interesting they have mentioned that - wonder if they have a bit of a template going on to quash these kinds of claims.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Taking Lloyd's bank to small claims

The first complaint has a mention of it but I understand what your saying. I guess I'll need to set my pride aside and let go (lesson learned). Thank you though for all your help. 🤗 X

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X