• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with VWFS (Skoda) Excess Mileage Dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with VWFS (Skoda) Excess Mileage Dispute

Good evening all,

I have for a long time been following various threads on the site regarding this issue and have recently undergone VT with VWFS and find myself in a similar position to others and looking for some much needed support on what to do next.

I had a PCP deal on a Skoda Octavia over 36 months. I was eligible to VT at the beginning of August 2017. I held off until October due to waiting for a new car from Audi (also VWFS).

I initiated the VT using the template letter kindly provided on here. (I have attached this to my post)

It took a long time to liaise with British Car Auctions and for them to inspect and collect the vehicle. This was finally completed and I then had a wait to hear back from VWFS (Skoda Finance) regarding excess mileage.

When they did get in touch they asked for £1600 in excess mileage charges. At this stage they did not refer to any part of CCA and just that this was a pro-rata charge.

I replied using the second template letter which I adapted for my own purposes (also attached).

They then contacted me by telephone trying to discuss my 'complaint' with me and trying to resolve this over the phone. I informed them I would not discuss this over the phone and to send me their reply via post.

I have received the reply which I have also attached. I am now looking to the wealth of knowledge on here to help me as to the best way forward with this.

Many thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: VT with VWFS (Skoda) Excess Mileage Dispute

Morning,

I think you are in the same boat as everyone else on here.

As an aside, did you receive a copy of the condition report on the vehicle and what did it say? Was the car in a reasonable condition?

The gist of all these arguments are that VWFS and alike say that the wording of the contractual clause allows excess mileage to be recovered whereas section 100(1) says that upon you giving notice to terminate under section 99, you are only liable to pay at a maximum, one half of the total price. This is made up of any sums you have paid to date and any sums which became due immediately before the termination except that damages or compensation for breach of the agreement and penalty charges are not recoverable. In other words the only thing you are liable to pay in respect of sums immediately due before termination are any outstanding monthly instalments because they form part of the total price payable and excess mileage charges are liquidated damages and/or compensation for breaching of the agreement.

It is possible that they may pursue you on this so you will need to decide if you want to save the money up and defend it, or just pay up.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply R0b,

I have received the condition report. This was completed by BCA and has however been contradicted by VWFS themselves as they have agreed to waive the charges on the condition report because upon them 'reviewing' it have decided that the car was returned in a reasonable and roadworthy condition.

I understand all of the above you have explained and I suppose the real question is if I do fight it which is now the best way to go about this? I am not keen on the route of the ombudsman which is what they have suggested as I have read from other members experiences that they are currently tending to rule in favour of the likes of VWFS.

Is there anyone else that has been in a similar situation and is further along this process who could share their experiences?

Many thanks,

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...h-VT-situation

The above link is a little further down the process than you are so you may be well worth having a read of that. Do you have it in writing that VWFS removed the charges because they considered it to be in a reasonable condition?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b thanks for the reply,

Yes I have this in writing in the letter I included as an attachment.

They state:'I have reviewed your inspection report by British Car Auction (BCA) including images of the damages to your vehicle. I am p;leased to confirm I have removed all charges as I am satisfied they fall within the Fair Wear and Tear guidelines published by the British Vehicle and Leasing Association (BVRLA)'

I think I would like to have a go with the FOS. What are your thoughts on this?

Comment

It is entirely your choice, the FOS hasn't been favourable with consumers but they don't look strictly at the law, and their responses have been pretty naff anyway.

If that's the route you'd like to go down it is up to you and it is of course free of charge.
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X