• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flowers Way Luton Smart Parking PCN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers Way Luton Smart Parking PCN.

The driver parked in Flowers Way Car Park, Luton, but found he didn't have any change. The driver then waited a short time for friend to arrive to see if he had any change, but unfortunately he didn't, so the driver drove out of car park after 11 minutes and parked in residential street. However, after the driver spoke to another friend a short time ago today (who the driver also met that night), was going to park in the car park around one hour later, and he said that the ticket machine was displaying 'NOT IN USE', and had taken a photo of this on the night and sent it to the driver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Ticket Front Redacted copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1182119Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Ticket Back.jpg
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1182120Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Meter O_O_O.jpg
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1182121
    Although this was an hour later than when the 'offence' was logged, surely it's up to them to prove that the machine was operational at the time the driver details were captured, or is the driver on sticky ground? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eagleboy1234; 18th December 2017, 19:28:PM. Reason: Removing driver id
    Tags: None

Re: Flowers Way Luton Smart Parking PCN.

While I'm reading....

Could you edit to say "the driver parked...." etc.

Don't ID who was driving.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

This looks like a non POFA compliant PCN and the keeper cannot therefore be held liable for the actions of the driver. A straight forward BOGOFF letter is called for.

Second that request to edit the original post before SMART read it.

Comment

Imho, the wording on the Notice to Keeper does not fully comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

If so, there can be no transfer of liability from driver to registered keeper.

Definitely do not ID the driver.

Lol.....X posts with @ostell
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

but still not edited original post in earlier thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            While I'm reading....

Could you edit to say "the driver parked...." etc.

Don't ID who was driving.
            Will do thanks

Comment

Hi charitynjw,

I'm assuming that I will need to lodge an appeal to get things moving?

Thanks

Comment

Not so much an appeal as telling them to get lost.

I am writing in response to PCN xxxx that I, the keeper of vehicle xxxxx, received from you. You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, namely, but not limited to, including 9 (2) (f). As you have failed to comply then you can not hold me, the keeper, liable for the actions of the driver at that time who I have no legal obligation to identify and will not be doing so. I do not expect to hear from you again other that to confirm that no further action will be taken against me.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleboy1234 View Post
                  Hi charitynjw,

I'm assuming that I will need to lodge an appeal to get things moving?

Thanks
                  Many thanks for your help! I sent this off as a challenge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X