• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting a Vehicle on Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting a Vehicle on Finance

Hi All,

Can any advise me what to do please.

So i have a BMW 730LD on finance arranged by Zuto which i believe the actual finance is with Blue Moter Finance.

I got this on July 7th 2017 so just under 6 months ago.

Now apart from a few faults arising and just had it booked in for a check as i have 6 months warranty with Warranty Protect I've also found out that this car was used as a Cab and or Limo for the first 3 years of its life which i knew nothing about and is not on any of my paper work.

Another dealer checked the history of the car and noticed that the car has had an MOT done in 2012 when the car year registration is 2011 and then another MOT every 6 months after that which indicates Cab or Limo use.

Please tell me where i stand to be able to reject this car with the finance company.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mr_dubs; 16th December 2017, 23:21:PM. Reason: Wrong info
    Tags: None

Re: Rejecting a Vehicle on Finance

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] ..

Comment

What is the reason for rejecting? I don't think cab use would be sufficient, unless they had told you it had not been used as a cab.

Comment

IF the vehicle was used commercially, and that use was not declared to a prospective purchaser, that omission could be viewed as misleading.

Interesting article here about Consumer Protection Regulations https://www.trusteddealers.co.uk/nfd...n-regulations/

Before taking action you will need to ensure it was used a private hire car... try DVLA as I think that usage might affect taxation class/ local council driver records re previous owners?

Comment

Reason for rejecting is that i was not told it had been used as a taxi and or limo.

And i've now been told its a legal requaiment to declare this to a buyer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X