• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gemini Parking solutions - Private Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini Parking solutions - Private Road

Hi,

I am a resident on the Cator Estate in Blackheath. The estates parking control is managed by Gemini. Only certain areas of the estate are under their control. Our road is not under their management and so residents are not required to have a permit to park, as such we do not have one.

My partner received a parking ticket on the 30th of November from Gemini after his car broke down on the road adjacent to ours. He was unable to push it far enough into our part of the estate and as a result was stuck in an Gemini patrolled area.

I appealed the ticket explaining that we were residents and that the car had broken down. I provided them with a copy of the V5 showing that the car was registered to the address, a copy of the breakdown call out and subsequent receipt of purchase for a new battery (a purchase that was made about 15 mins before they ticketed the car!).

Naturally they rejected our appeal with an email to say that we would have to pay the full amount should we appeal again and get rejected.

Do we have a leg to stand on? Annoyingly I have only just remembered and am probably too late to pay the reduced amount even with the appeal.
    Tags: None

Re: Gemini Parking solutions - Private Road

Of course you have a leg to stand on. Frustration of any alleged contract. You would have complied but other issues outside of your control prevented it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X