• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car rejection, 14th day on Finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car rejection, 14th day on Finance.

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me.

I bought a car from a dealer, The car was 30k roughly,

On about the 7th day of owning the Car started raining in, Not just a little it went into the electrics for the roof and was dripping out,. Next i know we have a engine management light on. Gave it back the garage and 4 days later they was none the wiser why or let alone how.

So i called them on the 14th day of Signing the finance agreement and told them i am rejecting the car i am not happy it clearly has a serious issue. The car is only 3 years old.

I then called the finance company and told them i am rejecting the car and the reasons for such. Now 8 weeks or more later i am told by the finance company that they hope we can work things out with the dealer and they will call me.

I am lost as to what on earth i do next, They have clearly blanked my request to reject,. As far as i am aware i am within the 14 days right to cancel on cooling period and i was at the time of complaint well within 30 days short term right to reject.

Could someone point me in the right direction. ?

Thank you

Tony
    Tags: None

Re: Car rejection, 14th day on Finance.

You need to look at the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Not of Merchantable quality.

Yes 30 days to reject. Get on to the finance company and mention the CRA

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      You need to look at the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Not of Merchantable quality.

Yes 30 days to reject. Get on to the finance company and mention the CRA
      The garage has agreed too rejection and has paid off the finance today.

However they are refusing my deposit cause i had negative equity in the other car they took from me. It sounds like they are settling my agreement rather than unwinding the finance.

I am assuming i have a right to the deposit back ?, I would of expected when negative equity i had is not of my concern they bought the car from me in essence and paid the money too the finance company or do i have this all wrong. ?

Comment

You are entitled to the return of everything you paid for the car. Explain the negative equity.

Comment

I had a car with them, I am told that i had negative equity on that car, unsure currently by how much, So they say that they deposit was to be used again the negative equity on that car, I am unsure cause the paperwork is currently in that car but i was under the impression that they should be separate arrangements.

I will go and pick up the paperwork and see.

Comment

If you part-exchanged your previous car on the new one, you are entitled to the full invoice price of the car.

However that might change depending on what finance if any was on the previous car.

Comment

This probably doesnt help but my son recently went to get a car on finance and this 14 day cooling off period was explained to us as you can't change your mind or bring the car back it only relates to the finance so basically if you find a better rate within the 14 days you can canx 1 finance comp and go with another not actually change your mind and return the car, this was stoneacre luckily my son signed the wrong box and paper work was void....he never did return to resign 😀

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X