• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke, ME III Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer Clarke, ME III Ltd

It is just in my husband's name

Comment

DIRECT AUTO FINANCE LIMITED Credit Report

Includes Risk Score, Credit Limit, CCJs, Mortgages & Charges, Director & Secretary Timeline, Shareholders, Ownership & Group Stucture. Plus UNLIMITED updates and FREE documents!
      Find Out More
      Company TypePrivate limited with Share Capital

Company StatusNon trading

Incorporated On30 July 1997

Nature of business (SIC)64999 Financial intermediation not elsewhere classified - The company was dormant during y/e 31.12.16.

Accounts

This is the company but says they are non trading ?
      Last edited by Amethyst; 19th December 2017, 11:24:AM. Reason: removed giant padlock ;)

Comment

We had a telephone conversation with them last Wednesday and they said a letter had been sent out to us on Tuesday.....a week on and no letter , they told us to contact the original client (in the post above) but they are no longer trading so where exactly have they got the figures from and also we can't get copies of original paperwork because there's no business there anymore....I am totally confused

Comment

Hmmm does seem to be a Dormant company now - but only as recently as the end of last year.
          No. 1, Godwin Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, BD1 2SU seems to be the up to date address for contacting them

Still worth writing to them with the SAR.

Separately, on the positive side, if you can get the default judgment set aside and the company have gone, the claimants in the case might find it difficult to obtain copies of the documents to enable them to comply with a section 77/78 request. I'd get drafting your set aside application on the grounds that you did not receive the claim, or any prior documentation. That you dispute the claim entirely and that the agreement was terminated in 2005.

You mentioned you moved over 10 years ago, but you were making £50 payments after moving ( until 2011) ? to whom, and by what method, were those payments being made - ie can you show they'd have had your new address as you were in communication with them after moving ?( you don't want to mention that in the application but useful to know how strongly you can state they had no reason to send the claim to your old address ) You can say though that your credit file and electoral roll were updated after moving and at least by the time of the claim you were easily traceable.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We haven't received anything at all...no letter no judgement or anything else ...the first we knew anything was a couple of weeks ago ...we don't even know if there is a judgement in place , can't get original agreement because the company has gone and MEIII don't have documents either (she told us to get copies from original client)

Comment

Call court in that case, they can sometimes email you a copy of the judgment and/or original claim ( it'll be Northampton County Court Business Centre) I don't know how MEIII think they can enforce on a judgment they have no documentation on though....but that is their issue, your task is to get the judgment set aside so you can defend the case ( or negotiate a settlement but that seems unlikely at the moment considering the disputed amount and lack of documents )There must have been something for them to get an AOE order ( was that from Northampton ? )
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I don't even know where judgement is supposed to have been issued ...they didn't say Just rang them they say it's Northampton Business Bulk Centre and gave a reference number so would my husband have to ring them or would they deal with me ?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostie View Post
                  they say it's Northampton Business Bulk Centre and gave a reference number so would my husband have to ring them or would they deal with me ?
                  NCCBC won't discuss the claim with anyone except the Claimant, Defendant or their solicitors if they're on record as acting.

Your husband would have to pass DPA questions.

He'll need the "Case Details" (the Particulars of Claim etc) and the Default Judgment (CCJ).

They can also tell him the status of the claim i.e. was it transferred to his local county court.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by ghostie View Post
                    We have just got a letter from these people saying we owe almost £8000 saying it was for failure to keep up on an agreement for a car that was returned in 2005 . . . . and said they have issued a CCJ to an address in January this year

It may help if you post up a copy of the letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors removing anything which could identify you.

It's not clear whether there has been an Application for an Attachment of Earnings or only a threat of one.

Di

Comment

I will post copy when hubby gets home as he has the letter

Comment

This is Today's Letter

tRe: ME III LimitedAnd: Mr XXXXXXRef: XXXXXXXXXBalance: £7863.92We refer to the above matter and your correspondence dated 08/12/2017.We are instructed that this debt relates to a Hire Purchase/Conditional Sale agreementwith DIRECT AUTO FINANCE. The agreement was entered into on 28/07/2005,terminated on 04/06/2006 and bore the agreement number 000xxxxxxx2. Thedebt was then assigned to our client, ME III Limited, on 26/10/2016.Please note we did not receive a response from you in regards to our letter dated15/11/2016, therefore a County Court Claim was issued against you on 12/12/2016.We have no record of you responding to the county court proceedings, subsequently,Judgment was obtained on 13/01/2017 for the amount of £7,863.92, payable byinstalments of £50.00 per month.Our client is fully entitled to enforce the Judgment at this time. It is open to you if youwish to dispute the Judgment. We suggest you seek independent legal advice.We would ask that you please complete and return the enclosed Income & Expenditureform to this office within 14 days together with your offer of payment. Should noresponse be received after this time we will refer the matter back to our client for furtherinstructions concerning the commencement of enforcement proceedings.We look forward to receiving your completed Income and Expenditure form within 14days.
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 20th December 2017, 19:17:PM. Reason: edited to remove personal details

Comment

tRe: ME III LimitedAnd: Mr XXXXXXRef: XXXXXXXXXBalance: £7863.92We refer to the above matter and your correspondence dated 08/12/2017.We are instructed that this debt relates to a Hire Purchase/Conditional Sale agreementwith DIRECT AUTO FINANCE. The agreement was entered into on 28/07/2005,terminated on 04/06/2006 and bore the agreement number 00xxxxxxxxx. Thedebt was then assigned to our client, ME III Limited, on 26/10/2016.Please note we did not receive a response from you in regards to our letter dated15/11/2016, therefore a County Court Claim was issued against you on 12/12/2016.We have no record of you responding to the county court proceedings, subsequently,Judgment was obtained on 13/01/2017 for the amount of £7,863.92, payable byinstalments of £50.00 per month.Our client is fully entitled to enforce the Judgment at this time. It is open to you if youwish to dispute the Judgment. We suggest you seek independent legal advice.We would ask that you please complete and return the enclosed Income & Expenditureform to this office within 14 days together with your offer of payment. Should noresponse be received after this time we will refer the matter back to our client for furtherinstructions concerning the commencement of enforcement proceedings.We look forward to receiving your completed Income and Expenditure form within 14days.
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 20th December 2017, 18:59:PM.

Comment

Oh dear just like a bad smell you cannot get rid off.

OK I'll put my life on this but Ghostie or her husband had bought a car of the infamous Yes Car Credit. I will say the car was £3K and the rest of the money was for added insurances like PPI, Warrenty and GAP. The credit agreement they would have signed were not worth the paper they were written on. I know all this as I led a website against these crooks and saved around 1000 people like Ghostie here from making them bankrupt.

Try and get a copy of the CCA from ME. By law they should have it. A quick look at it and I will be able to tell you if its worthless.

Comment

Thanks Baked - I’m not sure when YCC changed their name but it does sound like them . Before a cca request can go off though ghostie you will need to apply to get the judgment set aside. I’ll move your thread to the court forum. There’s ten years between termination and the claim - any idea who you were making those £50 payments to up to 2011 ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/library/how...-judgment-ccj/ There’s info on set aside there ghostie as a start xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X