• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The simple procedure notice of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The simple procedure notice of claim

Asking on behalf of my wife Cabot Financial have put a claim to court for a debt that they bought that my wife had with a catalogue company we have until 15th dec to reply to court what we intend to do we are defending how do we go about this please
    Last edited by Amethyst; 13th December 2017, 11:44:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: The simple procedure notice of claim

Originally posted by ANNOYED MAN View Post
    Asking on behalf of my wife Gabot Financial have put a claim to court for a debt that they bought that my wife had with a catalogue company we have until 15th dec to reply to court what we intend to do we are defending how do we go about this please
    Hi,

Have you acknowledged service of the claim? If not do so online at the MCOL (money claim online) site state intention to defend But do not write anything in defence at this stage, All instructions are on the court forms.

Is this Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd?

Which solicitors are acting for Cabot?

You now need to send Cabot a request for a copy of the agreement relevant to the claim (CCA) request. There is a £1.00 statutory fee for this. use POSTAL ORDER marked for statutory fee only. Use signed for post and check delivery.

A request to the solicitors for the documents mentioned in the particulars of the claim (nothing else) no fee. ( CPR31.14 request) again by signed for post.

If possible please post a copy (s) of the claim form etc. after removing the claim number and the name and address.

A history of the account debt would be helpful.

nem

Comment

Yes cabot financial and shoosmiths llp solicitors

- - - Updated - - -

We havent acknowledged service if claim as we dont know what that is

Comment

Are you in Scotland ?

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-...ing-to-a-claim
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We havent acknowledged service if claim as we dont know what that is

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            As asked, are you in Scotland, the rules are different for trying to the claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X