• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re issue the court order ..please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re issue the court order ..please advise

HI All,

I am asking this to give some help to a friend of mine.

He got a CCJ against Debtor when defendant ddnt pay his money received as a loan.

So friend applied for an Attachment of earning order but defendant's employer returned forms to court saying defendant left job in November 2017.

Then friend got defendant's home address but this time , he applied for an Order to obtain Information and court issued today. Friend yet needs to deliver personally to the defendant.
    In the mean time, friend needs to know ;

1. Can he ask the court to re-issue the Attachment of earning order to defendant as his home address now known ? Then , friend hope ,defendant could tell the court about his new employment details .

2. if so can he request the court to Hold or Cancel the order to obtain information ?

please..
    Tags: None

Re: Re issue the court order ..please advise

Just because your friend has a Judgment will be no guarantee they will ever get paid. Sounds as if the debtor is aware of the sysytem as the chances are they have given up working to prevent an AoE. Each attempt at enforcement is going to cost. Do you know if they have any other assets which could be seized and sold off?

Comment

Thanks for reply.

I dont think defendant has any assets . But according to friend, he needs to first try to get information about defendant's jobs and assets.

So he needs to deliver the order to obtain information personally to defendant. He asked me to give the court order to defendant personally.

Can I deliver the order on behalf of my friend ?
      If I deliver , then what should friend do ?
      How to inform court that it has been delivered ?
      Should I give any evidence ?

Comment

Following nudge on other thread(!) an order to obtain information from a judgement debtor has to be delivered personally (CPR 71 3).
        This means in effect that it has to be handed to the debtor, and most people would actually employ a professional process server.
        If you intend handing it over personally for your friend, you must ensure you comply with all Data protection and Human Rights laws.
        Also useful to be quick on your feet as the debtor may not take kindly to being served court orders!
        Advantage of using a process server is that it makes it more difficult for debtor to deny receipt.

Does your friend realise he may have to pay the debtor a sum reasonably sufficient to cover his travelling expenses to and from court. (CPR 71.4)?

Comment

des8,
          Thank you for reply.
          Sorry I have post a new thread under a heading .. 'Delivering court order in a foreign country '' . Please find some free time to answer .. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by vctmfraud View Post
            des8,
            Thank you for reply.
            Sorry I have post a new thread under a heading .. 'Delivering court order in a foreign country '' . Please find some free time to answer .. Thanks in advance.

I think Nem has responded already
            Which country?

Comment

He went to INDIA..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X