• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot taking me to court over unpaid halifax overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot taking me to court over unpaid halifax overdraft

The question on my lips; is what due diligence do the financial institutions take to ensure that the DP Act is adhered too?

Comment

A worthy question indeed, as I never gave anybody permission to pass my personal information on or not knowingly so anyway, sorry if it sounds like I’m going off course, I’m obviously focussed on the matter at hand, I was just interested in DP with these companies and such like and how sensitive personal information seems to be passed without thought and without consent

Comment

Originally posted by hollibear View Post
        A worthy question indeed, as I never gave anybody permission to pass my personal information on or not knowingly so anyway, sorry if it sounds like I’m going off course, I’m obviously focussed on the matter at hand, I was just interested in DP with these companies and such like and how sensitive personal information seems to be passed without thought and without consent
        As I see it Cabot Financial Management Ltd the parent company of all the "Trading Styles " within the group is licensed and uses these trading styles as " authorised representatives".

Permission to share data on credit accounts is set within the agreements, although the FCA seems vague on this.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          As I see it Cabot Financial Management Ltd the parent company of all the "Trading Styles " within the group is licensed and uses these trading styles as " authorised representatives".

Permission to share data on credit accounts is set within the agreements, although the FCA seems vague on this.

nem
          As far as I can see cabot financial(uk) is a separate legal entity and not a trading style at all - it may be and probably is wholly owned by the parent company

As for DPA , cabot UK have their own DPA registration Z7064593

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
            CAB I suspect will be of little help short of asking you if you have other debts etc.
            Asking if @hollibear has other debts is actually a very sensible first step. These debts are recent. They can't be statute barred. Although it's worth asking for CCA agreements for loans and credit cards the chances are they can be produced.

Although a good solicitor may be able to win a case on grounds of flawed assignments or something like that, I haven't yet seen evidence of people without a solicitor managing this for recent debts.
            Last edited by Debt Camel; 16th December 2017, 16:20:PM.

Comment

I guess I’ll just have to see what they actually produce, I won’t lie, the stress of all this at this time of year, has caused me no end of sleepless nights and stress, I’d love to have somebody represent me as I’m sure many would in circumstances like these, unfortunately I’m in that group that just manages to get by with very little on top to pay for moments like these, I will keep the thread informed with details of what I hear from both Cabot and the solicitors and as always thank you to all those that offer advice and point me in the right direction

Comment

Indeed but anecdotal reports about CABs across the country say pay up. I am not saying this is the case with everyone but it seems many do. There are plenty of examples where claims are discontinued before court when a strong defence has been used. I know it's not a technical win but it amounts to close to it.

However if it is financially viable and makes economic sense I always recommend legal advice, even if it's just the initial chat the may give you a sense of what is possible.

If nothing else it is worth following the process and if they do produce the goods then try to negotiate so you do not actually get a CCJ. You will see there was a case on here recently when the firm agreed to £1 a month for over 1000 years, yes over a thousand years . Luckily [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] firm were able to get it sorted

Comment

Originally posted by newspirit View Post
                  Interesting point !#
                  Are Cabot UK are legit, do they have a consumer credit licence, if not what are the consequenses ?

Why do you ask?

The answer to your question is that Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd is not currently licensed by the FCA.

There are legal consequences.

If you have received a claim from Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd named as the Claimant maybe you should start a thread so you can get help from the forum.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by hollibear View Post
                    Thanks Di and Mike repayments into that account ceased 4 years ago pretty much to the day. I have requested the info from Cabot also asked for a copy of all evidence from the solicitors, I’ll update once I hear anything back, just a query, is Cabot Financial (uk) legitimate?
                    Hi hollibear,

Did you sent CCA/CPR request using the templates on LegalBeales? If so, when? Your post was some time ago now, I'm thinking you should've had something back from Cabot on the CCA request by now?

Comment

Hi, yes I posted my request for both to both Cabot Financial uk and to the solicitors, both were sent by recorded delivery last week, I’ve not heard from either party yet. Do you think there’s a point to raise [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]m with regard the status of Cabot Financial uk and the fact they are not registered as being licensed by the FCA?

Comment

Oops - read the dates of your posts wrong - still time for them yet.

What at is the date of your claim?

Comment

Is Cabot Financial UK Ltd the same as Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, can anyone advise pls ?

Comment

Have a look on companies house website. I guess they are

Comment

Thnx Warwick65,will do

Comment

In case anyone interested,only Cabot Financial (UK) Limited listed - was wondering (I have a v suspicious mind) if it was a wheeze to get around some kind of legislation to drop the brackets -

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X