• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aeo and deo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeo and deo

I have two AEOs coming out my wage one for fines and one for council tax and a DEO for overpayment if benefit. I have worked quite a number of extra hours this month and found out that the more I earn the more they take. I’ve read that they take must leave you with 60% of your wage, I’m due to earn around £1200 so if they take 40% that leave me with around £700 can they actually take around £500 out of wage?
    Tags: None

Re: Aeo and deo

Well, looking into it it's all a bit complicated isn't it ! The 60% is the minimum you should be left with after all direct earnings attachments and attachment of earnings - on £1200 net ( after tax etc ) would be 11% standard rate for the DEA - plus whatever your AEOs are at - so long as that added together doesn't take you below 60% of your net pay at the end.

How much are your attachment of earnings for ? Council tax 12% ? fine ?

Also if you have any underpayments due to your income being low previously and the deductions taking you beyond your protected income amount of 60% it carries over to the next payday, so if your deductions do come to less than the 40% it could be bumped up by carried over underpayments.

So pretty much it seems like it's a yes, they could take £500 ( all assuming the £1200 is your income AFTER tax/NI/pension etc )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X