• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EQUITA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQUITA

Hi I am having a great deal of problems with Equita almost to the point of down right harassment in 2014 i got into a problem paying my council tax, and every year since and suffice to say been within the clutches of them ever since after a lot of correspondence, phone calls, and crying down the phone to the council i set up a payment plan of £100 per month which i have been paying ever since never missed a payment always delivered to them on time with the correct ref numbers, because i don't earn that much every time the new council tax year came round i struggled to pay that as well as Equita it too ended up going adding to the debt.

To date i have received 105 letters from Equita, it got so bad i ended up asking for help with council tax advisors who have a bit more clout in dealing with this type of thing than me. they were very good to me really, when they spoke to my council it transpired that they were about to send another non payment over to Equita but agreed to keep it if i set up a payment plan which i have and am paying.

They then went to Equita who have been nothing but awkward Firstly denying any payments for the last 9 months any extra payments to clear up previous amounts which were done immediately, after a bit more digging they "found" the missing payments allocated them to previous ref numbers which left an account balance of about £1300 on advice of the advisors and the enforcement agent, (who incidentally was great because he took time to look at the whole picture since the beginning and realize that i was financially vulnerable) asked me to put in place a monthly payment which i did, the agent said he would be advising Equita to stop all further action of enforcement, and seizure of goods as i was and have been making genuine efforts to sort it out.

Did they listen? no since then 4 weeks have passed and i have received 3 texts and 9 more letters even get emails telling me that payment is due I am now at my lowest with all of this I'v emailed them, confirmed with my bank that payments are being made (2 so far) requested balances and asked for call backs yet the letters still keep coming the 10th letter came yesterday and i just threw it away didn't even open it because I am sick to death of seeing their name on the envelope this is causing me so much stress i cant think straight. HOW do i make them stop!!!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: EQUITA

Need some answers to the following:
    1 - How many Liability Orders do the Council have against you?
    2 - How much is each one for?
    3 - What period of time does each cover?
    4 - Which ones have been passed over to Equita?
    5 - How much money has been paid to date off the Liability Orders?
    The answers to those above should be available from the Council. Those below should be asked of Equita and they have no reason not to furnish you the answers and before they ask this is not subject to a SAR and therefore does not warrant a £10 fee.
    6 - What enforcement charges have they made against you?
    7 - How many Liability Orders are they presently enforcing?
    8 - How much have actually received from you?
    9 - How much has been forwarded to the Council?

Have you made a complaint to either the Council or your local Councillor(s)? Has a Controlled Goods Agreement been made, if so what has been listed exactly as described on the form?

Comment

Re: EQUITA

On top of what I have said above you should also know about the following,

Most Councils these days have outsourced their admin posts to a Company called Capita - which means when you speak to the Council you are speaking to an employee of a private concern. In turn Capita own two Enforcement Co's on of which happens to be Equita - can you see where this is going.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X