• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hastings Direct car insurance ,given notice of 7 day cancelation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hastings Direct car insurance ,given notice of 7 day cancelation

Hi Will try and keep this as short as possible
    I work for a well know Pizza company,as a delivery driver, and while im working for my employer i am covered through their business insurance. i have to provide my own personal insurance/mot to be able to work.
    I had an incident in October, whilst at work, I had reversed out of a parking bay, no more than a car length, looked in passenger mirror and noticed a car behind me, i waited for some sort of reaction from the driver, was none, i got out of my car, and i noticed damage to the front of the vehicle, being a bit confused i believed i had hit the car and caused the damage, having said that, as it seems now the damage on car was previous damage. At the time i gave him details of my employer`s insurance policy, i did not get any details from him, as i say trying to keep this short, incident would have been on company cctv.
    The other party has not gone through my employers insurance, they are taking it through my own.
    Now this is where i need help or advice, when i took out the insurance policy with Hastings Direct, i specified my employment as what it is, a fast food delivery driver, i do not need business cover, as its provided for. Hastings accepted my employment and insured me. Due to this incident, i had to fill in a claim form by 27 of this month. i spoke to Hastings, advising them that this was an employment issue, and that it should be going through my employers insurance. I supplied Hastings with the information that was requested. I now as of yesterday have been sent notice of cancellation. For using a vehicle outside the terms and conditions of this policy. I rang Hastings today about this, and i was told its being cancelled due to my job??? I will now be penalised for being honest, by having insurance cancelled. I have contacted the financial Ombudsman service today, also have put in an official complaint to Hastings. This has got me stressed out, I work a 0 hr contract and cannot afford the insurance quotes,im getting now or drive with a black box, with restrictions.
    Tags: None

Re: Hastings Direct car insurance ,given notice of 7 day cancelation

"The other party has not gone through my employers insurance, they are taking it through my own."

How come if you gave them details of your employers insurance?
    Who gave them your private insurance details?
    Have you a copy of your employer's policy which covers you?
    Did you lodge a claim with Hasting ('cos technically only the insured can make a claim, unless the third party names the company asco defendants in a court case)
    The third party should claim against you and you then either settle directly or pass the details to your insurers.

Having raised all those questions do you have a copy of the proposal form and all the information you gave to Hastings when taking out the policy?

Comment

I wish i could answer the question to why, all i know is that i gave him a copy of my employers insurance, I then with my Area Manager, completed a report of the incident, that went off (online) to the companies insurance. I received a text message, from Innovation Motor on behalf of ERS, with a ref. number for details of the other driver, I rang and explained all i had was the registration number. I presumed , that as they had the claim, that Innovation would chase it up. The incident happened on the 7th oct. I heard no more until 13th nov. Which was a letter from my own insurance stating i need to fill in claim form and send back by 27th nov, . i have mentioned to Hastings, that this is a company policy issue, I have complied fully. The only reason why i mentioned insurance details at the time, because the situation seemed odd, in my head i knew there was no contact between cars, i also pointed out that it will be on the companies cctv.
      Hastings were given all that they requested from me, Then i receive, the notice of cancellation.
      [/IMG]

Comment

Yes i do have the proposal form from Hastings , it states my employment as a fast food delivery driver.

Comment

Did you complete and return the Hastings claim form?
          If you have, you need to write to Hastings (signed for) withdrawing the claim.
          Explain that the claim should be made against your employers insurers.
          Ask Hastings who advised them of the incident prior to them sending you the claim form.

Refer them to your proposal wherein you told them you were in fast food delivery, and hopefully explained to them that your employer insured your vehicle whilst on the employers business, and include a copy of his motor insurance certificate.
          In view of the above tell them you anticipate they will reinstate your policy without penalty.

Request response in writing

Comment

Thankyou for that . I feel a little easier now.
            Yes I did return the claim form in time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X