Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Compensation

  • Share
  • Thread Tools
  • Display
  1. #1
    Benji's Avatar

    Junior Member

    Nov 2017
    0 Post(s)

    Default Compensation

    I have recently found out that a sibling claimed compensation of my deceased grandad.
    The claim was against the N.C.B. regarding my grandad, who worked in the pit for 52 years.....My grandad died in 1974 the cause of death was in part due to lung disease associated with working underground for those years.

    The claim was made approximately 10 years ago and was successful..I have learned that 2 of my siblings have been given differing amounts of money some years ago.

    I have asked the sibling who made the claim to supply me with documentation and the name of the Solicitor who dealt with the claim. He refuses to do so, as at that time we were not in contact and I could have been dead.....

    I would be grateful for any advice from the forum as to whether I have any recourse in this matter.
    Thanking you in anticipation for your help


  2. #2
    Peridot's Avatar

    Legal Admin

    May 2016
    187 Post(s)

    Default Re: Compensation

    Hi Benji,
    It sounds like a personal injury claim was made on behalf of your grandfathers estate. Any damages the estate received would have followed your grandfathers wishes in his will if he had one. If he didn’t have a will then the intestacy rules would apply, meaning his children would have received a share, or in the event any of his children had died before him then their children (the grandchildren of that child who died) would have received the parents share in equal shares.
    As I mention initially though if he had a will then that would have been followed so any damages would go to the residuary beneficiaries named in the Will.
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Similar Threads

  1. PS16/14: Financial Services Compensation Scheme – Changes to the Compensation s
    By Legal Beagles in forum The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
    Replies: 0
    : 29th April 2016, 10:10:AM
  2. ppi compensation
    By gillwall in forum General Money & Debt Issues
    Replies: 0
    : 9th May 2015, 11:40:AM
  3. TSB...trying for compensation
    By barton in forum Business, Sole Traders & SME's
    Replies: 14
    : 29th June 2014, 05:05:AM
  4. How to sue DWP for compensation?
    By 3guesses in forum Social Welfare, Health and Benefits
    Replies: 12
    : 21st October 2012, 22:47:PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Contact Us

© Celame (UK) Ltd 2017
LegalBeagles® are DPA Registered No. ZA158014
LegalBeagles® is the trading name of CELAME (UK) LIMITED ( 09220332 )
Registered Address: 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY
VAT registration number 206 9740 02
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Celame (UK) Ltd Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

To find out more about managing your money and getting free advice, visit the Money Advice Service,an independent service set up to help people manage their money.