• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car seized then Sold by Police while in Prison ( unrelated matter)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car seized then Sold by Police while in Prison ( unrelated matter)

I was arrested at road side for an investigation that had nothing to do with the car, my car was seized (car was nothing to do with investigation) I was placed in custody remanded in prison for 5 months then released,end of that!!!... While in prison a letter was sent to my registered address not the prison where I was being held, the letter stated that I have 7 days to reply to it in regards to whether I want the car or it will be disposed of. Now the police say there had been a breakdown in communication they are trying to pass the blaim I think .... is this negligence? My solicitor has written a letter of complaint to the police... My car still has outstanding finance what should I be doing ??? Any questions please ask thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi everyone unusual case/question thanks

Originally posted by Aaron cheets View Post
    I was arrested at road side for an investigation that had nothing to do with the car, my car was seized (car was nothing to do with investigation) I was placed in custody remanded in prison for 5 months then released,end of that!!!... While in prison a letter was sent to my registered address not the prison where I was being held, the letter stated that I have 7 days to reply to it in regards to whether I want the car or it will be disposed of. Now the police say there had been a breakdown in communication they are trying to pass the blaim I think .... is this negligence? My solicitor has written a letter of complaint to the police... My car still has outstanding finance what should I be doing ??? Any questions please ask thank you.
    Any help any questions please

Comment

Since your post was late at night and people are volunteers what do expect? It also doesn't help in that you have created 3 threads on the same matter and any responses would be split 3 ways.

Comment

Threads all merged and duplicated removed
        [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] might have some ideas
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Car seized then Sold by Police while in Prison ( unrelated matter)

Hi

What you shouldn't do is to discontinue paying the finance house, however perhaps you should write to them advising them of the circumstances.

Regarding the police, your solicitor is dealing with that so I doubt there is anything that can be added.

Check that DVLA are aware of change of keeper as you don't want to receive someone else's fines!
          [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] might have further comments

Comment

Re: Car seized then Sold by Police while in Prison ( unrelated matter)

Thanks for the replies .I have spoke to dvla today they say that the v5 doc is no longer in my name .I spoke to the vehicle recovery who two weeks ago told me that had been scrapped they are now saying they cannot give me any info due to data protection act 1998 i have to go through the officer in charge and a vehicle check comes up with it still being taxed so it is been driven

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X