• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

You have contact details on the court claim form.

What was the letter saying it would be simpler not to got to court? Are they suggesting a "Paper Only" hearing? Can you post it up, with personal details removed.

If you have no documents you should be asking Gladstones for copies of the documents which they intend to rely on.

Comment

Hi thanks for this, yes I am reading this about Gladstone, hence why I think I would be mad to not challenge them on this, I honestly do not want to give them any money if I can help it.

Ideally I want to put a good strong defence together and fight this all the way, however I really am looking for some guidance on how best to do this. I will contact [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] and [MENTION=105498]chart[/MENTION]iyunjw privately, hopefully they can help going forward. Thank you Oliver...

Comment

The original parking fine was £60

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmellow76 View Post
          The original parking fine was £60
          Attached is a copy of my claim form
          Last edited by Marshmellow76; 29th November 2017, 15:16:PM.

Comment

Take down those forms and edit them so that identifying details are removed, especially the password.

Private conversations are not encouraged. The forums works on the Prince of many eyes

Ask the solicitor for the original documents that they will be relying on in court to show the alleged debt, such as the Parking Charge Notice

Have you acknowledged the claim using the web address and password on the form? If not then do it NOW

Comment

[MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] if you get a second, before Marshmellow comes back online....

Thanks [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                Take down those forms and edit them so that identifying details are removed, especially the password.

Private conversations are not encouraged. The forums works on the Prince of many eyes

Ask the solicitor for the original documents that they will be relying on in court to show the alleged debt, such as the Parking Charge Notice

Have you acknowledged the claim using the web address and password on the form? If not then do it NOW
                Yes I have acknowledged the claim.

Comment

[QUOTE=OliverJames;765393]Gladstone have a reputation, and not one they should be proud of! Have you read any of the Parking Prankster posts? http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Gladstone
                  @ostell and @charitynjw are definitely your "go-to's" on this....both super experienced and knowledgeable

So Gladstone have a reputation, you have to decide how reputable? How reputable will a DJ decide it is?
                  It's your call

Comment

So the best way to ask the solicitor is to write to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
                      So Gladstone have a reputation, you have to decide how reputable? How reputable will a DJ decide it is?
                      It's your call
                      I don't entirely understand you comment?

Having done some reading up about Gladstones, their reputation is one of an organisation that doesn't always follow the processes set out by the courts. Subjective statement, but one of research.

I highly doubt that the District Judge will be taking their reputation into consideration, but as a consumer, if you read up about their reputation there is a higher percentage chance that they haven't followed the letter of the law, and may well have been served a claim incorrectly, so it's definitely worth contesting

Comment

Gladstones, another firm that needs to clean up their act. Most DCA's have no idea about what they can and cannot do, especially when it comes to the guidelines!

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
                          Gladstones, another firm that needs to clean up their act. Most DCA's have no idea about what they can and cannot do, especially when it comes to the guidelines!
                          Agreed! They tend to tread an extremely fine line between the right and wrong way which is enough to give them the protection of the court, but not enough that when confronted with a robust defence they can justify it.

Comment

I am still no further along with this, can anybody help please? I am going to read all the information online over the weekend, but I would really appreciate somebody helping me with this, thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmellow76 View Post
                              I am still no further along with this, can anybody help please? I am going to read all the information online over the weekend, but I would really appreciate somebody helping me with this, thanks..
                              @MIKE770 sent you this link - http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...-court-claims/ so have you read it?

Also, there has been some advice given by @ostell who is a seasoned expert here!

They will not do the work for you, you are going to have to do this yourself! What they will do is give you the guidelines to ensure that you do the right things at the right times.

You say that you have acknowledged the claim with the court. You now need to get the defence in to the court - you can email this across to ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk when you are ready to do so.

The subject of the email should be: Defence Statement - UKPC/Gladstones Solicitors v Your Name Court claim number [XXXXXXXX]

Look at a number of the template defences that are all over this forum (use the search functionality at the top) and amend to suit your case. Once you have got your draft defence, post it up here and tag in Ostell, Mike and @charitynjw who will all give you feedback. This defence must go in on time. I recommend calling the court (03001231056) with your case number. Ask them to give you the deadline for your defence submission. This is your line in the sand.

I would recommend you get cracking on your defence as soon as possible...

Comment

I'm so stressed out about this now and time is running out, I cannot see any templates that are relevant, I have no idea what wording to use, its totally confusing.

I just need some help, but right now feel like caving in and just paying the money!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X