• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

| Example Defence

format and adjust to your case you have the templates to follow just adjust them to your situation, then post on here minus personal details for amendment advice, we cannot do it for you without having detail, we can only advise? sure others will respond soon.

Comment

Re: County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

You have till the 17th December more or less to do your defence, so there's no immediate panic. The Defence Mike has linked is for consumer credit debt so just an example how to set it out.

Have you asked for any documents from the claimant's at all?

You should ask them for a copy of the terms of parking that you are alleged to have breach, and if you don't have it, for a copy of the original ticket - if you do have it then if you post a copy of it on here that might help people help you.

Can you do a picture of the signs in the car park too?

If you have no defence ( the signs were clear and compliant, the ticket was correct and you simply ignored it ) then it is likely you will have to negotiate settlement. It's not worth buggering up your credit file for 6 years for the sake of £250. As it is coming up to Christmas though I understand things are tricky, so if you do file a defence you will have a month or so after then to sort out settlement/negotiation without risking any additional costs. Otherwise, if you don't file a defence, it would go to a default judgment, and if you pay that within 14/28 days it wouldn't go on your file.

Did you read through other gladstones / ukpc claims to see what defences others have used ?

[MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] / [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] / [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Originally posted by Marshmellow76 View Post
      Claimant: UK Car Park Management Limited
      Address for sending documents and payments: Gladstones Solicitors
      Issue Date: 17 November 2017
      Particulars of Claim: The driver of the vehicle ******* (the "Vehicle") incurred the parking charge(s) on 23/05/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Oakmede Place, Terrace Road South, Binfield, Berkshire. RG42 4JF.
      The Defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the Keeper of the vehicle. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 for Parking Charges/Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £18.04 pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgment at £0.04 per day.

Amount claimed £178.04
      Court Fee £25.00
      Legal representative costs £50.00
      Total amount £253.04

So I have 33 days from the 17th November to put my defence together.

Yes there are signs at the entrance of the car park and signs scattered around the car park, I am not sure if these signs at the entrance were there when I got this ticket last May, it was a new system, we never used to have to pay, many parents use this car park to collect there children from school and I think this is why the land owner put this system in place....

If you need to know anything else please let me know.

Thanks very much...
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X