• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mercers * DISCONTINUED *

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercers * DISCONTINUED *

I am attempting to take on A DCA who provided a Mercers default notice
    something smells a little fishy thought out it though
    i have researched endlessly about DN’s but the one I have appears to have the prescribed terms on it. This is from 2013
    myquestion is that it is on Mercers headed paper, must it come from Barclaycard as they are listed as creditor on the notice
    Tags: None

Re: Mercers

I think you may be right but without some more details it is hard to really give any opinion.

So it was defaulted in 2013 by Mercers
    Do barclaycard still own this?
    Have you been making payments?
    If yes to the above when was the last payment
    How much are we talking?

As is often said, sometimes less is more , the default will come off after 6 years and if nothing is happening at the moment you may not want to poke them and remind them about it

Of course if you get a letter before action of an actual claim then you need to spring into action

Comment

It has gone through MKDP and now owned by Hoist
      they provided me with a bundle of documents including a copy of the DN from Mercers plus an assignement letter with no headed paper , which could be typed by anyone
      last payment 2012 and it is over £5000 and they are. Dry much poked as in court soon

Comment

Might be worth getting some legal advice.
        [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          Might be worth getting some legal advice.
          @Diana M
          Thanks, can’t really afford legal advice at the moment , so spending all my spare time researching

Comment

Well some firms do offer free initial advice. Might be worth talking to someone

Comment

Originally posted by Smelliot77 View Post
              It has gone through MKDP and now owned by Hoist
              they provided me with a bundle of documents including a copy of the DN from Mercers plus an assignement letter with no headed paper , which could be typed by anyone
              last payment 2012 and it is over £5000 and they are. Dry much poked as in court soon
              Hello

Have you received a court claim and do you have a Hearing/Trial listed ?

Your post suggests that may be the case since you say "in court soon".

What stage have these proceedings (if issued) reached?

Hoist are unlicensed so you may have other legal arguments to add to the ones you've already pleaded (what have you pleaded so far and have you filed a Defence?).

Mercers ceased trading so that may be another legal issue in relation to the Default Notice.

Without knowing the history of this debt/account it's difficult to advise you, but I will reiterate that Hoist are unlicensed and Mercers ceased trading.

Di

Comment

I am conscious the DCA May look into posts and saying too much may weaken my case
                i currently have a lot of time on my hands so spend a lot of time researching
                i successfully overturned judgement as intiially lack of evidence, so what was missing is now sort of provided but I do not think it legitimate
                interestingly Mercers filed dormant accounts for 2013 and 2014

Comment

I am conscious the DCA May look into posts and saying too much may weaken my case
                  i successfully overturned judgement as intiially lack of evidence, so what was missing is now sort of provided but I do not think it legitimate
                  Did Mercers produce A Default notice? If so was it on Mercers letterhead?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    Did Mercers produce A Default notice? If so was it on Mercers letterhead?

nem
                    Read post #1

Comment

Did Mercers produce a Default Notice? If so was it on Mercers Letterhead?

nem

Comment

As Warwick said, yes, read the first post.

Originally posted by first post
                        provided a Mercers default notice .... it is on Mercers headed paper, must it come from Barclaycard as they are listed as creditor on the notice
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          As Warwick said, yes, read the first post.
                          As I said earlier, I have been spending a lot of time on this and I am a very organised person and tonight I found a bit of gold dust in my files.
                          I am concerned at the evidence that has been sent and it begs me to ask the question that when is a singed application form not useable as evidence? And so without that evidence Shelby the matter cannot proceed

Comment

Hi
                            It really is very difficult to answer any of your questions without the full picture

So, am I correct in saying they gained a default judgement which you were able to get set aside ?

Now they are going through the process of legitimately trying to gain a judgement against you ?

I am not sure if I understand what you mean when you say can a signed application form not be used in evidence

A great deal depends on the case and the backstory , for example is it small claims or fast track, when was the account opened , what the signed application form contained

Then of course there are other questions such as the default notice and maybe the assignment

BUT

It is not enough (usually) to go into court and say this is wrong and that is wrong, you need to be able to explain why this and that are wrong and what that means in law

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                              Hi
                              It really is very difficult to answer any of your questions without the full picture

So, am I correct in saying they gained a default judgement which you were able to get set aside ?

Now they are going through the process of legitimately trying to gain a judgement against you ?

I am not sure if I understand what you mean when you say can a signed application form not be used in evidence

A great deal depends on the case and the backstory , for example is it small claims or fast track, when was the account opened , what the signed application form contained

Then of course there are other questions such as the default notice and maybe the assignment

BUT

It is not enough (usually) to go into court and say this is wrong and that is wrong, you need to be able to explain why this and that are wrong and what that means in law
                              Sorry if I am cryptic
                              i have found that the application form is the same one that was previously used in a separate action for a different account opened in 2009 I think
                              it is small claims and I successfully had the default judgement set aside due to the failure of the claimant to provide a copy of the original DN, which they have now done 3 hours before the deadline imposed by the court
                              the assigment is a letter on blank paper with no company heading which the judge ruled in my favour was not sufficient
                              it was set aside on those arguments, but I gave subsequently discovered the issue with the signed application form which was used in evidence in a different unsuccessful claim by a CCA
                              howevrr, I do not wish to divulge to any specifics as others have said that the DCA’s may look at this site

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X