• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment Letter

Hello I’m hoping someone can help me please.

I've received the below pre-legal assessment letter from Lowell today. saying I owe £422.47

Dear M
    Your Orange account remains unpaid. We are now deciding whether to transfer your account to our solicitors to take legal action against you to recover this debt.

What does legal action mean?

If legal action is taken, the process is as follows:

1. A claim form is issued by the court.
    2. Court fees, solicitor’s costs and interest are added to the claim form which would increase the amount owed.
    3. If you do not respond to the claim within 14 days, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) may be registered against you.
    4. This CCJ will be registered on your credit file for up to six years and may impact your ability to obtain any future credit.

Please work with us
    Our preference is to work with our customers without taking legal action. Please visit our website and set up a repayment plan today, or call us on xxxx and a team member will be able to help you.

We still want to help you, but we can only work together if you contact us.

yours sincerely

craig white

uk chief operating officer.

I had checked my noddle account a few weeks ago and Lowell had registered a default from 17/03/2012. I did dispute through Noddle. It came back that Lowell had rejected my dispute.

I’m not really sure what to do. Please could someone help or point me in the right direction.

many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment Letter

Do you agree you owe the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
      Do you agree you owe the money?
      That's a leading question

Does the OP "owe" the money in legal or moral terms?

That's an argument that we (my firm) have in court on a regular basis.

I'm pleased to say that law wins every time.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry123 View Post
        I had checked my noddle account a few weeks ago and Lowell had registered a default from 17/03/2012. I did dispute through Noddle. It came back that Lowell had rejected my dispute.

I’m not really sure what to do. Please could someone help or point me in the right direction
        I'll give it a go

What is the history of this debt and what was the reason for you to dispute the Noddle default?

Di

Comment

Hi Di
          To be honest I disputed because I didn’t know what it was I just saw that it had appeared. I previously cleared a debt through Lowell for a catalogue debt. So I thought they had done it by mistake.

I did have a mobile with orange a very long time ago when I was unemployed I generally got into a mess with all my finances trying to rob peter to pay Paul. At the time a mobile was the least of my worries as I was just trying to pay important bills and feed my daughter and myself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X