• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells Portfolio/Lowells Solicitors/Aqua Credit Card CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells Portfolio/Lowells Solicitors/Aqua Credit Card CCJ

Hi guys, first of all I'd like to inform everyone I've spent a few hours on Legal Beagles today after receiving a CCJ from Lowells and am so grateful for the plethora of information and help available from everyone in these forums, I salute you.

I have Acknowledged the Service via MCOL to dispute all of this claim, written up the CCA to send to Lowells Portfolio (Claimant) I just need a little help on the the particulars I need to mention in the CPR to send to Lowells Solicitors (Solicitors). The particulars are as follows:

1) The Defendant opened a Aqua regulated consumer credit account under reference XXXXXX on 18/09/2015 ('the Agreement')

2) In breach of the Agreement, the Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 28/02/2017 and written notice given to the Defendant.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £835.57 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims
    a) The said sum of £835.57
    b) Interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignement to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.183, but limited to one year, being £47.98
    c) Costs

The total amount they are asking for is £1013.55

I haven't corresponded with Lowells and have not acknowledged the debt to be mine. Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells Portfolio/Lowells Solicitors/Aqua Credit Card CCJ

Originally posted by dem6nic View Post
    Hi guys, first of all I'd like to inform everyone I've spent a few hours on Legal Beagles today after receiving a CCJ from Lowells and am so grateful for the plethora of information and help available from everyone in these forums, I salute you.

I have Acknowledged the Service via MCOL to dispute all of this claim, written up the CCA to send to Lowells Portfolio (Claimant) I just need a little help on the the particulars I need to mention in the CPR to send to Lowells Solicitors (Solicitors). The particulars are as follows:

Hi welcome,

The CPr31.14 request is limited to the documents specifically mentioned in the particulars of the claim i.e. the " regulated agreement" and notice of assignment.

1) The Defendant opened a Aqua regulated consumer credit account under reference XXXXXX on 18/09/2015 ('the Agreement')

2) In breach of the Agreement, the Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 28/02/2017 and written notice given to the Defendant.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £835.57 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims
    a) The said sum of £835.57
    b) Interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignement to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.183, but limited to one year, being £47.98
    c) Costs

The total amount they are asking for is £1013.55

I haven't corresponded with Lowells and have not acknowledged the debt to be mine. Please help.
    When was the claim issued date to of claim form?
    What documents have you received from Lowell, did you get a letter of claim?

nem

Comment

Re: Lowells Portfolio/Lowells Solicitors/Aqua Credit Card CCJ

Hi and thanks for the quick reply - the Issue Date is 20th November 2017 and I received a Notice of Action from Lowells on 15/08/2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Also would like to add that someone has informed me that this is a Claim Form and not a CCJ.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X