• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim by Marstons Solicitors AKA Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim by Marstons Solicitors AKA Cabot Financial

Hi All

I have received a letter from Mortimer Clarke in the last few days regarding a debt owed to MEIII (Cabot) this is a historic HP agreement taken out on a car approx 5 years ago which was repossessed due to an agreement plan for payment not being adhered to.

Initially the repayments were manageable as we two incomes however after an addition to the family and our income dropping this was suddenly difficult and we agreed a repayment plan with Black Horse. This payment plan was not stuck to by BH and they repossessed the

The car was was subsequently put through an auction and sold for much less than it was probably worth.

This left me with £1000 owing which i have never acknowledged due to the anger around the circumstances of the repossession

This debt originally for black horse was Sold/Appointed to DLC (i dont know when this happened)

From there because i would not acknowledge they have sent through a barrage of letters over the past 5 years none of which have amounted to anything until i receive this court summons from Marstons, Who i now learn are part of Cabot financial.

Although i am a strong believer of you pay what you owe i dont want to pay this debt as there is a certain amount of emotional trauma associated with the circumstances surrounding the repossession and want some advice on how to proceed.
    Tags: None

Re: Claim by Marstons Solicitors AKA Cabot Financial

So this is a claim for a shortfall following reposession of a car that was on HP.

Who is the actual claimant on the claim form, and who is acting for them ? ( we've got MeIII , Cabot, DLC, Mortimer Clarke & Marstons so not entirely sure who's doing what )

Might be an idea to scan in or photograph what you have received - the court summons and the letter - blank out personal details before uploading.

Marstons wouldn't usually be involved unless there was already a court judgment that hadn't been paid so need to check the exact situation first.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This could be their debt recovery arm of the business.

Comment

i think it is the debt recovery arm of their business. The original Claimant was Black Horse however the claimant that this pertains to is MEIII (Cabot)
        Attached Files

Comment

Tagging [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; on the ME III link

ME III aren't authorised and don't appear in trading names of Cabot 677910 or 743525 or 743357 ( possibly some others but can't see ME III anywhereother than on CCM's (cabot credit management) website ''explanation'' about authorisation -
          The UK purchasing companies in the CCM Group are Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, Marlin Capital Europe Limited, MCE Portfolio Limited, MFS Portfolio Limited, Marlin Europe I Limited, Marlin Europe II Limited, ME III Limited, ME IV Limited, Marlin Europe V Limited, Marlin Europe VI Limited, Cabot Financial Portfolios Limited.
          [MENTION=110107]OwlsMad[/MENTION] - still not sure where Marstons come into it. The Solicitors are Mortimer Clarke.

Anyway that looks like that's a pre-action letter as opposed to a summons. Is this the form you received to complete? http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...l=1#post756170 ( and an income / expenditure sheet etc )

I would send a CCA request to ME III ( have you had other letters previously from ME III or Cabot on this matter ? I'm not sure which address you'd use ) - and also a Subject Access Request to Blackhorse to gather information for defending the case later, as well as utilising the pre-action protocols to, well, delay, and to gather more information ( full statement of account showing how the sum is made up, copy agreement, default/termination notice, notice of assigment etc)
          CCA Request Letter || Subject Access Request Letter

I believe DLC act on behalf of the lenders rather than purchasing debts ( http://www.dlcuk.com/ presumably them), so the debt wasn't assigned to them, they just acted on Blackhorse's behalf ( so there should be notice of assignment from Blackhorse direct to Me III )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Dlc are part of hilsden securities who were bought by cabot a while back.

I also know that when cabot bought them, at least some of the portfolio went to ME111.

Comment

All getting a bit incestuous isn't it...
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

All getting a bit incestuous isn't it...

It's all relative!

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for your help on this. Will i need to send anything extra to delay the court proceedings or will this give me time to investigate everything?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X