• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination with BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination with BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE

Hi All,

I am wondering if someone who has dealt with Barclays Partner Finance specifically can help with my case.

I am planning to VT on the 12th December, a day before my insurance is up. I have spoken to various customer service and complaint advisors on the telephone and confirmed with them I can send a letter requesting to terminate. I have not sent a letter yet and am planning to do so on Friday. I want to write on the letter that I will be delivering the car to a local auction house (Manheim are used by Barclays) and give them the date of the 12th.

Will they accept this request 2-3 weeks in advance if I send the letter on Friday coming?

I also must pay approx. £800 to have paid half of the total amount- I am happy to pay this in a lump sum but am wondering when this should be done?

Also I'm concerned with the 'wear and tear' element of the VT. There are a few scuffs to the alloys and a cigarette burn in the passenger seat. I have spoken to Barclays and they said if I was to receive a large bill once the car has been dropped off I must either make the payment in full or continue to make my monthly finance payments until the damages had been paid for, is this correct? Is this my only option if I cannot afford to pay the damages as a lump sum?

It is also really important that my credit file is not affected in any way- so some of the threads on here which mention default notices have me absolutely terrified to do anything.

Any advice from someone who has VT'd with Barclays before would be greatly appreciated.
    @R0b
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination with BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE

Also to add, what do you all think of this letter I am going to send? Have I missed anything off?

Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99
    OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number: 0517260142246541

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right undersection 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that theagreement is terminated effective immediately from the date of this letter.Please confirm by return acknowledgement of this letter and to makearrangements for collection of the vehicle.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for itsage and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future disputeas to the condition of the vehicle.

You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act limits my liability to half ofthe total amount payable under the agreement but excludes any sum payable as apenalty, compensation or damages for a breach of the terms of the agreement.Such terms imposed are inconsistent with my rights under the Act and aretherefore deemed void and unenforceable.

The vehicle will be delivered to the Washington branch of Manheim Auction House(NE38 8LB). The vehicle will be delivered on the 12th December 2017.I will ensure before this date that at least half of the balance has been paid.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Hello,

The template letter says you are terminating with immediate effect, but your original post says you want the termination date to be the 12 December. So you will need to change the wording to reflect the date that the agreement is terminated.

On your last sentence, you might want to alter the wording slightly to say "As I understand, [Lender] uses Manheim Auctions to dispose of the vehicle. Unless you tell me otherwise before the 12 December, I will deliver the vehicle to the local Manheim site at [insert full address]."

I'd be skeptical of adding that last sentence about delivering to Manheim unless you've got confirmation that is the case.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Rob, much appreciated.

I have spoken to Barclays Partner Finance on the phone twice and had them confirm I can send a letter and do not have to fill out the forms they have sent through the post. They have also confirmed I can drop the car off at Manheim in Washington. Do you think it’s worth mentioning in the letter? Just in case they come back and insist I sign the forms they have sent.

Thank you again

Comment

Then that's fine, make reference in the letter just keep it short and confirming that the car will be dropped off at that auction address.

Before handing the keys over I would suggest you do two things, take photos of the car and then get a receipt slip or something from Mannheim to confirm they have received it.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks again for your help.

What do you think of this as a final edit before I send it? Also do you think if I send it today or tomorrow two weeks notice is enoug time?

Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99
            OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number: 051726014

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right under section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that the agreement is terminated effective 12th December 201. I have received verbal confirmation on two separate phone calls on the 18th November at 12:18pm and 22nd November 2017 at 17:52pm that you can accept this letter as notice and I do not need to fill in the forms in the two letters you have sent me.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for its age and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the condition of the vehicle.

You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act limits my liability to half of the total amount payable under the agreement but excludes any sum payable as a penalty, compensation or damages for a breach of the terms of the agreement. Such terms imposed are inconsistent with my rights under the Act and are therefore deemed void and unenforceable.

As I understand from both the conversations mentioned above Barclays use Manheim Auction House in Washington (Pattison Road, Tyne and Wear NE38 8LB) and unless you tell me otherwise before the 12th December 2017 I will deliver the vehicle there on that date.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

I have received verbal confirmation on two separate phone calls on the 18th November at 12:18pm and 22nd November 2017 at 17:52pm that you can accept this letter as notice and I do not need to fill in the forms in the two letters you have sent me.
              I don't think you need this as it is your legal right anyway to give notice and terminate.
              As agreed in a telephone conversation to one of your customer service employees on 18 and 22 November 2017, I will be delivering the vehicle to Manheim Auction House based in Washington, Pattison Road, Tyne and Wear NE38 8LB on 12 December 2017 unless you notify me otherwise prior to this date.
              Slight amendment to the last sentence but otherwise it is fine.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thank you!

I only added the first bit in as had read threads on here where Barclays still send the VT documents they want you to sign through the post after receiving your letter and I’ve already had them sent out twice. With the car being handed back in less than 2 weeks I didn’t want to go backwards and forwards with them to get them to accept my original letter. I will take it out though and hopefully they accept.

Comment

It's up to you if you want to include it, you already mention section 99 of the CCA so that makes it clear that is how you are terminating the agreement by simply giving notice - irrespective of whether they send out the documents, that does not alter your rights.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X